GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Why do we call it summer break?

Now that the kids are out of school, we've been so busy with ball games, dance, gymnastics, driving here and there, I haven't checked-in in a while.

Quicky run down:
    FINALLY got the mufflers replaced on the 99 Burb - both weld seams were completely gone. The kids liked it, but the drone at city speeds was killing me.
    Da Bus finally turned 100K! My wife took a load of kids to Cedar Point for their last day of school - better her than me...
    We pulled the 89 Sierra out of storage, and are getting it road ready for the soon-to-be-new-driver. We stopped driving it when we started having kids (2 seater), and now our oldest is 15 1/2. Man, I'm gettin' old.
    Got my uncle's Typhoon cleaned up with the hopes of going to the Homecoming event in Troy, MI, then got called in for OT. A parking lot full of Syclones and Typhoon's! Ah, maybe next year...

Hope everone is doing well. I'm saving up pop cans for gas money so we can get to the GMTC meet in ILL.
    Have fun,
    KH
    Last edited by KidHauler; 06-23-2012 at 11:30 PM.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

It is crazy; I’m kind of done with that now. I have one kid; she is 16 and just got her license. So, she just takes the truck now. Still don’t help with the gas but it does with my time. More time to work on the house and have a couple of beers. Good luck with your summer break...
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I hate summer break. The restaurants are always filled with soccer moms and their kids during lunchtime. Lines are longer. Teenagers add to traffic in the city during the day. It makes me grumpy. When the hell did I get old?

[QUOTE=SurrealOne;484924]I hate summer break. Teenagers add to traffic in the city during the day. QUOTE]

I hear ya, trying to do construction on streets filled with kids... I wish they would all gang up and bully me so I can go on vacation.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper