GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    not all of us can afford to do that. :-P the wife and kid might want things too. besides, who said i was gonna get the same size??? some 275/70R18s would look good i think.....

Alex
    Give the kid a tire to play with. The wife can push the kid down a hill in it ... or on a swing, or whatever. See, I'm practical!

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Give the kid a tire to play with. The wife can push the kid down a hill in it ... or on a swing, or whatever. See, I'm practical!
    haha that would be an interesting site…"why is he in a tire rolling down the hill?", "oh the wife said i had to get him something if i buy new wheels and tires, so i got him a tire and he went to town on it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_tipper 01 View Post
    haha that would be an interesting site…"why is he in a tire rolling down the hill?", "oh the wife said i had to get him something if i buy new wheels and tires, so i got him a tire and he went to town on it."
    I guess kids don't go rolling down hills in tires, anymore because, heaven forbid they have a little risk in their lives. I know I did my share of it as a kid ... but I also toted a .22 rifle as an unsupervised 8 year old to go shoot holes in buckets we'd set up, and I rode boat throw cushions through a 6' diameter pipe that had water rushing through it from a backwater on the lake any time the dam was pulling water for power. Times are different today compared to 30 years ago; our ountry and its citizenry has, by and large, become a risk-adverse, pussified version of itself. It makes me sad. Only kids in the country have a chance to taste bits of what it was once like for all but urban kids, I think...

Jr. Apprentice

its a thing that is unheard of anymore, kids having fun. that is, without their parents being looked at as "not caring" about their childrens safety..and im only 24 and ive noticed the significant change.

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    Hello from across the river in MN, Duratracs are PRICEY, last i saw $200+, I have Dunlop Rover MT maxx tractions, full mud tire but rated a 10 for snow and ice. I love these and they were only 160 a piece. these are also wearing xtremely well and not just for a mudd tire for any truck tire I have ever owned. I know that 99% will bow down to BFG but I had a brand new set of 285/75/16 on my suburban and I HATED them like no other thing in the world! they were horrible in the MN winters, I had them on my truck for a couple months before I set enough was enough, I was gonna get the Duratracs but the price was not what I really wanted to pay, these had just come out and my mechanic recommended them especially since I was considering the Duratracs. These are now on my pickup and with NO weight in the bed they still did great in the winter, even with out record snow we had 2 winters ago these were the BEST truck tire I have ever had.!! I have no clearence issues on my 99 silverado with a 285/75/16 on it!!
    200+ that aint bad since thats what i paid for my 35's i paid over 400 a tire for my old toyo mt and my new mtz will be around the same price

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    I have had the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS for almost a year and I love them. Pretty cheap too.

I have had them in snow, rain, sand and rocks with no problems.

Those look like the ones I have. Mine are the Wild Peak ATs

Jr. Apprentice

wow, paying $400+/tire is just ridiculous in my book. I mean, if you have the means to do so, than more power to ya. Im just looking for an affordable, yet aggressive looking tire and these falkens fit the description!

I don't know if Pep Boys still sells them or not but about 10 years ago the Fortera (I think that was the brand name) sold an M/T that was pretty cheap and rode well.

I get 50k+ out of my cooper stt and they are a very aggressive tire. ride good for a mud terrain, but have a pretty decent hum
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

i didnt read through all the posts, but just saying if you like the cooper zeons, (which they dont make anything for under a 20" rim),
    then cooper also has the discoverer ATP, which is practically the exact same tread pattern as the zeon only for tires under 20". dont know if someone already said this or not, if you want some opinions on tires message me, i work at discount tire and deal with nothing but tires all day every day LOL
    so i think i know a tad bit about them
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR