GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was in the same situation about 9 months ago, looking for a aggressive all-terrain, but at a decent price. I was looking into the Falkens and found the best price at Discount Tire. I went down there and the salesman told me about the new Cooper Discoverer ATP, it's a Discount/Americas Tire exclusive. I compared them side by side and the Cooper makes the Falken look like a street tire. I was afraid they'd be too loud and would wear fast, so the salesman said I could try them for a week and bring them back if I didn't like them. They have great wet weather traction in the rains we had here , and a week after I got them we got some snow up in Flagstaff so we took them up to see how they'd do. They did great no slipping or sliding. I now have 17,000 miles on them and they still look brand new. They have a 55,000 mile treadware warranty, which is 5,000 more then the Falkens, and only cost $10 more apiece. Oh, and while you can hear them going down the freeway, it isn't loud enough to bother the wife.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

Jr. Apprentice

ya i have definitely made my decision with the cooper discoverer atp's. watched about 10 videos on them earlier today before work and i am definitely convinced! Thanks for all the input fellas, oh and btw i found the coopers for $124/tire in illinois.

Wrangler also worked well with me and had no problems with it. Iíve also tested it on different road conditions and still does its job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123