GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Another cam and performance question

I just bought a few things for my truck and now I want to add a cam. My question is will the Diablo Trinity work with a cam change . And is there anything else other then forced induction and NOS for power.

I have done ,cold air intake, BBK headers, flowmaster cat back, and the Trinity.

sorry forgot it's a 2005 1500HD crew cab 6.0 auto 2wd

If others can't answer this, perhaps @06MonteSS can answer this. He does custom tunes for Diablosport equipment and is on this site; I suspect he'd know.

it all depends on how wild/aggressive or mild you go with a cam... if you go pretty mild - like, the manufacturer says that a tune is not needed for it, then it shouldn't be an issue... the minor tweaks needed can be done with a custom tune....

if you go kind of wild/aggressive to pretty wild/aggressive, then you're gonna need to find yourself a diablosport dyno shop to get the thing tuned and dialed in with a custom tune....

so yeah, it alllllll depends on the cam you get... ;)
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

I want something I can tune with the trinity myself if possible.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0 BBK headers,Cold air intake, Flowmaster cat-back, Diablo Trinity tuner, 22" KMC Rockstar Cooper ATZ, Kenwood DNX-9980HD indash, 2 Kenwood XR-W10F under back seat, Kicker 11DX10001, Kenwood KAC-7205, Polk Audio DXi6500 6.5"Component Speaker System front and back, Smoked out lights, 12K Hid's HI/Lo. Code Alarm W/remote start.

If you're going to have pieces of the motor out already, why not go ahead and change out your heads/intake manifold if you wanna add more power without forced induction or a bottle?

Of course, doing so will change which cam setup you choose and also will most likely need a custom tune, rather than something you can do with the trinity.

Just realized that you're in Texas. Get in touch with the guys at Texas Speed out of Lubbock. LS motors are one of their specialties and they can help you get your hands on a setup that you wont have to do major customization to.
    Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 06-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    If you're going to have pieces of the motor out already, why not go ahead and change out your heads/intake manifold if you wanna add more power without forced induction or a bottle?

Of course, doing so will change which cam setup you choose and also will most likely need a custom tune, rather than something you can do with the trinity.

Just realized that you're in Texas. Get in touch with the guys at Texas Speed out of Lubbock. LS motors are one of their specialties and they can help you get your hands on a setup that you wont have to do major customization to.
    Ok do you know if they have a web site?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmacnchez View Post
    Ok do you know if they have a web site?
    Yea I'm sure they do... don't know it off the top of my head, but google is a magical thing, can get their phone number and all from it haha!

Keep posted on what you decide to do. We went with the 228R cam in our Nightmare Edition "Lnasty2" we built. Waiting for break-in period to pass and then strapping the Colorado to a dyno... can't wait to see results. Half throttle feels like 400% throttle compared to stock.