GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rareness of my '69 ?

Hello. I recently acquired a 69 CST. It has a stock 396 with factory air. Is there a website I can check out that gives me information on available options for this year, or more so, how many trucks with this option were made?

Thank you very much,
    Kevin

I'm pretty sure my dad has a owners Manuel for a 69 he used to have one I'll ask him might help you alil they're pretty descriptive
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

That would be great. Thanks sir!

Anytime. It'll be later tonight. How do you like the square body. I've never had a c10 that new
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

i love them. i had a '69 when i was a kid. Only complaint would be the gas tank behind the seat

If the ninth symbol on the vin is an A my uncle worked at the plant then and probably had a hand in building it. Also is it a fleet or step side? Long or short bed?

I would tell you to check out lmc for the replacement tank to move it where the spare goes. But if it's low to the ground I would have a tank built. I made that mistake now having my pops buddy's shop build me a tank
    Last edited by ahmitchell1; 06-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

I'll check the VIN this evening. I had a 72 that had a relocated tank, with the filler hole filled in real nice, but I want to keep this one factory.
    It is a fleetside longbed.

I was talking to my dad on the phone he said Chevy never kept actual production numbers. He looked it up and 568840 trucks were made in 69 that are capable of getting the cst package, which only 6% did which is like 35,000 roughly. But that includes Blazers and surburbans and 4x4. So I'd say it's fairly rare. Pretty cool to think it only cost like 150 bucks extra back then

My 56 had the tank in the cab and it was always scared me in that rust bucket. I wrecked that truck when I was 14 and one day will make it into something sweet. It's my dream truck and it sits in a barn looking like a crumpled beer can
    Last edited by ahmitchell1; 06-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4