GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry Black Front and Rear Bumpers

I've noticed alot of people have black bumpers, but when I try to find them online they are no where to be found!! I know this is a really stupid post but really, where or how do you get them black? Paint, if so what kind should I use?

'07 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

Mods: 2" RC Leveling Kit; K&N Air Filter; Black Low-Pro Tool Box; Tinted Tail Lights; Debadged; GMS Emblem Painted Black; 5% Tint; 2 12" CVR's
    Soon To Come: RC 3" Suspension/1.25" Body Lift; 17" Ballistic Jesters (Black); Open Country M/T; 1.5" Spacers; K&N 63 Series; Magnaflow Exhaust; Runcool Hood Louvers; Westin HDX Guard & Winch Tray; Bushwacker Boss Fenders; Bullydog Triple Dog GT Tuner

They got to be painted you can by them primered. But if you got nothing wrong with the ones you got paint them
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

You can PlastiDip them.

I did a small write up in this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1yvzDccPS

Cheap, easy prep, easy to remove if you don't like it / need to re-do it.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    You can PlastiDip them.

I did a small write up in this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1yvzDccPS

Cheap, easy prep, easy to remove if you don't like it / need to re-do it.
    X2. id go this route.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

Master Mechanic

If you're looking to go with gloss black that is a near match to GM black then consider a vinyl wrap → 3M 1080-G12 for gloss or 1080-M12 for matte.
    That is my next mod. When I went to the dealer to get a price on the painted bumper they wanted about $400. The lower piece below the bumper, painted is about $200 something. I wouldn't mind getting the black ones they have on the work trucks since they are a nice black and not too flat like the plastic below the bumper.

Yeah I was thinking the plastidip but i just thought it wouldnt look right. I've done it to my stock wheels and it looked somewhat decent. I'm going to give it a try and I'll post a picture when its done to get y'alls opinions on it!

Totally agree with PlastiDip. It’s simple to do and a real budget saver.

Oh, I agree with the vinyl wrap. Got the same for my bumper but as mentioned it can be a bit costly. I was able to save though after asking a friend to help me deal with service providers.

Does anyone know if applying the PlastiDip and/or vinyl effects the functionality of the back-up sensors. I know when just a thin layer of ice is on them they sometimes are disabled. I was thinking of trying it if I can confirm it does not interfere with them.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper