GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 33 tires

Default 33 tires

Just wondering on second opinions. 33 in km2s or 33 in trail grapplers?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I personally like the trails.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Apples and oranges. BF Goodrich KM2S is an AT (which is comparable to Nitto's Terra Grappler) ... where the Nitto Trail Grapplers are classed as a MT and actually fall somwhere between an AT and a MT in terms of tread pattern, road noise, and wear.

I looked at both (and Terra Grapplers, and their pricier Toyo cousins, and even Kumho's offerings) and liked the price point and look of the Nitto Trail Grapplers. After running them for 10 months I can state that they are wearing well and I'm very happy with their performance on the road as well as in fields, on mud logging roads, and on hunting trails. I do rotate mine with -every- oil change ... and I check pressures at least once a month (and more frequently as needed to handle large temperature swings). I run 38psi up front and 35 in the rear.

Note:
    Only about 1/3 of my driving is highway driving, the rest is city or back country stuff, with back country being weekend-ish only, and light. There's definitely hum to the Trail Grapplers at 65mph and higher but my truck is heavily sound deadened so I don't notice it unless the windows are down. If I didn't have as much sound deadening in the truck as I do it would bug me only on long trips. If I did more highway driving I'd be going with an AT for my next set ... but I'm actually going to be doing LESS highway driving, so I'm set. If road noise is relevant to you or if you do lots of highway driving I'd suggest that you stick with an AT.

Also, I'd rather give my money to the Japanese economy (via Nitto) than the French economy (via BFGoodrich, which is a trade name belonging to Manufacture Franšaise des Pneumatiques Michelin -- yes, Michelin is a French company) ... since the French, our allies, seem to sit across from us at the UN table when the USA wants to do something, rather than alongside us.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 06-27-2012 at 12:02 AM.

my bfg all terrains have a little over 10 000 miles on them and they havent disappointed. they are great! two of my friends have km2's and both of them love the tires. one has them on his hunting truck and the other has them on his tacoma which he beats to death off road. he is very happy with the tires.
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.