GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: white letters out or black?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • black out

18 37.50%
  • white out

26 54.17%
  • don't care

4 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: black or white

Default black or white

Just put new tires on. I always seem to get surprised when they ask, "white out or black out?" So I thought I'd ask the forum, which do you prefer? White letters out or black?
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Former Member

I prefer white out, but it depends on the tire and rim package. If you're running a standard size tire and rim, I prefer white out.

Yeah stock tyres get white out. Anything else really doesnt come white letterd. Unless your talking old school then its the 3 inch white walls baby, lol. Mabe some old baby moon hub caps too.
    2005 Chevy Silverado - Bright orange, 4.8L, 2wd, reg cab, short bed, Stock for now. :glasses:
    1967 Ford Mustang - Coupe, 200ci 6cyl w/minor upgrades, Stereo, Wheels, Interior, All other stock. White. First car and love her.

Former cars.
    1967 Ford Mustang - Coupe, 302 race prep, one bad ass car but she met her maker at the track :erf:
    1997 Ford Mustang Cobra - All stock, caused to much trouble with her. Well thats what the cops kept saying so i had to get rid of her.:grrrrrr:

Blog Entries

I could not answer either way because like the other guys said, white out on stock tires. I have 35" BFG's on my Blazer and I like the white out but A friend has the same tires on a 1989 white Suburban that looks better with black out so at least for me it would depend on the paint color and accents.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Legend

I think it may depend on the brand of tire used too.
    I have kuhmo's and the letter font looks kind of retarded, so I opted for black. But I preferred the Firestone Wilderness AT's that I had on a previous truck to be showing white. I'll have to look at the Avalanche when my wife gets home but I'm pretty sure those are Firestone also with white showing.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

i think white looks good out on muscle cars, trucks, and race cars only. no modern car looks good with white out. also, for trucks, it depends on the tire your getting. i like the look of BFG's with white out on most trucks, unless its lowered. i just bought a 99' tahoe 2dr 4wd, all black(trim/bumpers too), but im going to put BFG AT's with the white out.

Legend

I mostly prefer white out.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

white out if it is RWW. black out if it is that stupid circle WETF that is
    HI MY NAME IS. HI MY NAME IS. HI MY NAME IS.
    BJ

1993 GMC K2500 Suburban 5.7L Jegs 8.0mm wires, Jegs Red Hot Coil, Jegs Cap & Rotor, Accel U-Grove Plugs, Cold Air Intake, Holly Headers, Manderal Bend Y-Pipe, Super 40 Muffler, M/T Classic II sitting on BFG A/T (MINE)

[COLOR="Magenta"]1994 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4 4.3L CPI. Delta Flow 50 Muffler.(Wifes) DIED.. Cab mounts rotted out.. Parting out need anything let me know!!!!

Jr. Mechanic

Maybe I'm just old but I like the white lettering, but then I like chrome everywhere also.
    2014 Silverado
    Bob.

Master Mechanic

I like the white letters out
    Jeff

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 door ht ~ resto project
    1984 Buick Le Sabre 4 door sedan~daily driver

BUY ONLY GENUINE ACME PRODUCTS

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by