GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Tim said.

Last year on May Long I saw a shackle go right through a tailgate. Couple inches higher and it could have been through the back window and into the driver.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

I was helping a neighbor pull some boxwood bushes up when my tow strap broke. The hook went thru his front window into his living room, then thru the drywall into the kitchen. The hook landed in the sink on the other side of the kitchen. We used a chain for the rest of the bushes...lol

yup i will definitely think to have those on hand next time i do anything close to this!
    so other then checking the diff fluid is there really anything else to worry about? other than the spray down of course

i will say this while i was sitting there at some points during the night i noticed my brake lights and dash lights were flickering quite a bit some times while my truck was on idling and then a few minutes later they werent, then they would again, etc... could this have anything to do with my trailer 7 pin adapter harness getting wet and crushed as well? or what could have caused that? the dash flickering is what made me real curious...
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

The flickering lights could be related to the harness connector getting crushed, just make sure none of the connectors can make contact with each other. I'm sure there was a bit of water splashed around under the hood and it couldve caused a reaction but the chances are remote.
    Since you were churning up a lot of mud if you have rear drums you might think about pulling the drums off and cleaning out any silt and mud that could've gotten in there, while your at it look at the axle seals to make sure they dont have any leaks. Silt, sand, and mud are terrible on seals, promotes excessive wear.

alright well i got my truck completely washed by some car wash place on thursday, but obviously that just made it pretty outside and inside, not underneath... so i just went to one of those dollar manual washes and got on my back and did a real nice spray of the underbody... spent a good few dollars doin it lol
    also when i got back i pulled out some scratch doctor nu finish and went to work on the tailgate, to my surprise most the the scratches did come out, ( since it was mostly the strap that smacked my tailgate), but obviously still about 5 small dings left behind and 2 little one-inch slices in the paint straight across the tailgate, im shocked as to how good it looks now, i can live with the little dings in it.

and as for the tailights i went ahead and went balls out and purchased the HELLA led tailight kit with the 3rd brakelight...
    i had finally stopped looking at tailights about a year ago, because i finally realized that it would be pointless to spend money on something that I would hardly ever see... but i decided why not since im already here...

im just hoping ill get around to checking the diff fluid and seals before its too late... any tips on what to look for in those or how to do them is appreciated as well.

and tbplus, I got disks all around thank god!
    before GM started all the low budgeting with the newer trucks mostly having drums in the rear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12