GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I hope you are recovering, and healing up, Its a scary thing you have gone through, my thoughts and well wishes are with you, for a speedy and complete recovery...
    I can only say this as a rider and off road racer, safety gear is the most important gear, on our rides.

Now I am already ugly, half blind, and to old to play with these off road toys, but I always wear my skid lid, neck brace and goggles as I can see no need to add to my problems..... and i still ride and compete when ever and where ever i can.......We are presently reengineering a 2012 RZR, for extreme duty off road racing, I have been busy testing our mods and most of the adaptations we have made so far are all about safety. But when you strap yourself into a light weight machine that dose 70mph over open ground, we are asking for trouble and it's all good if we can walk away from a wreck.......

Jr. Mechanic

Sorry to hear that Steve,Condolences to You Your Wife and Family.That happens more then We'd like to hear.Her cousin is a True Hero.

God has a plan for all of us. Now if only we understood or had an idea of what it was that he has in mind for each of us.
    Things happen for a reason, take your fortune and do good in all you do. Live life as if it where your last as we never know when it is our turn to answer for any transgressions.
    May God continue to bless you and your family and the healing be quick.
    Steve, condolences to your family in the loss of a heroic effort.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Sorry to hijack this thread, it's still hard to get ahold of the family as they have not released his body (they pulled his body out on the Oklahoma side of the Red River) so there is not a ton of information coming out.

http://www.kxii.com/news/headlines/R...160968485.html

Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden says two young boys went out into the water to swim and got stuck in the current.
    Authorities say the two boys were struggling when a white male in his thirties jumped in to save them.
    Officials say the two children were rescued, but the man did not make it out.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Thanks everyone for your comments thoughts and prayers. I'm so blessed to be able to be here and testify to God's power. I do believe He has a purpose for me in this life. Believe me, I'm in a place in life where I could be questioning if that were true. But I don't doubt my Savior. The devil can try all he likes to get me down. But back me in a corner and the Lord will come out fighting. God has already won.

Recovery is still slow but I'm doing great. My doctors have been really surprised with my recovery since my tramatic brain injury was so bad. Still have symptoms of post concussion syndrome. My memory is still not like it should be. I still get dizzy quite a bit. But it's getting better. I can at least talk faster now. The surgery they did on my head continues to heal and the bones in my face and back continue to heal but it is still very painful. Still have to get another CT of my back and one for my brain. They have to check for a subdermal hematoma. But I put all my faith in Jesus no matter what happens.

To Steve I will pray for you and your family.
    2012 Silver Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab LT 6.2L 400+hp, Hypertech, K&N CAI, tent, AVS
    2012 Black Harley Davidson Fat Bob 103 engine, Willie G
    2011 Silver Infiniti QX56, 400+hp
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki KFX 450, Moose armor, GNCC
    2007 Red Polaris 500 X2
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki Ninja 250
    PAST VEHICLES
    2009 Infiniti G37X, Stillen CAI, Magnaflow, 2007 Infiniti 370GT, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z82 Crew Cab LTZ AMerican Luxury Coach conversion, Fabtech lift, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ old body style, 2008 Nissan Armada, 2003 Yamaha YZFR1, 2007 Honda VTX 1800, 1993 Chevy S-10 over 350,000 miles on orig motor and trans

Legend
    Blog Entries

The message to all is pretty clear; life is fragile and precious. Never take a moment for granted. By God's grace one lives; out of compassion that mirrors God's love, another gives his life to save two others. We learn from both examples, we pray for both families, and we seek His guidance in finding a greater meaning in both tragedies.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Amen! Caddi. Well said and thanks for sharing .
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12