GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Gm 351 v6

Hybrid View

Default Gm 351 v6

Does anybody know what other GM engines has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 351 V6?

Those were lame duck engines that were only used in Heavy Duty trucks where lots of torque was needed.
    They were never popular for swap material, you might be able to find adaptors at Advanced Adaptors but other than that I dont know of any resources.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Those were lame duck engines that were only used in Heavy Duty trucks where lots of torque was needed.
    They were never popular for swap material, you might be able to find adaptors at Advanced Adaptors but other than that I dont know of any resources.
    Im looking for a replacement for mine.

The engine, transmission, or both?
    There arent many options out there anymore for those drivetrains, most of them have been sent to the scrap yard and gotten crushed. The size of that truck requires an engine with lots of torque and there really isnt anything that fits that bill unless you go to a big block 454 with a TH400 trans or diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    The engine, transmission, or both?
    There arent many options out there anymore for those drivetrains, most of them have been sent to the scrap yard and gotten crushed. The size of that truck requires an engine with lots of torque and there really isnt anything that fits that bill unless you go to a big block 454 with a TH400 trans or diesel.
    The engine through rod through the block. Block no good now. I was told I could switch to a chevy bellhousing. This is a manual transmission. Possibly a sm420.

Just a thought but have you tried googling U-haul, my thinking is this, the engine in those trucks was used for many years without many changes, U-haul sells off their old trucks and more than a few times I've seen lots full of old U-haul trucks.