GM Truck Club
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default What are the rear door electrical contacts called

    We have a 99 Suburban and the rear door contacts for the defroster and such are not not working correctly. Apparently the springs in them are bad and they are staying pushed in all of the time. Does anyone know a way to fix them or what they are really called so I can look for new ones?

  2. #2



    Don't know if you still need this but...

    For 1999 Suburban with rear barn doors you can view an online catalog [for lots of other GM vehicles too] at

    1. Contact-right hand on body #37-0927 with rear barn door defrost: $44.95

    2. Contact-right hand on body #37-0929 without rear barn door defrost: $18.95

    VERY helpful in getting a price ... not so helpful in getting GM part number. is another source for online catalog info.

    HTH (hope this helps)

    '99 GMC Suburban K1500 SLT 5.7L

  3. #3

    Smile The Easy Fix may work for you

    There are two kinds of Barn-door Burb owners: Those who have addressed this problem and those who will. Usually it's just dirty contacts, and stuck plungers are full of crud.
    An easy cure may be no farther than the #2 yellow pencil in our pocket. Use the eraser to clean and burnish the contact faces. Then use the business end to 'write' lubricant on the plunger shafts. You may have to manually reciprocate them a while until they operate smoothly.

    Good luck.
    Are we having fun, yet?

Similar Threads

  1. 98 Tahoe Barn Door Contacts
    By generatorlabs in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last: 12-04-2009, 08:01 PM
  2. What is is called?
    By joesmo in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last: 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM
  3. passenger door electrical problem
    By Tdevil76 in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last: 04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
  4. 01 ASTRO rear hatch electrical issues
    By tonkatracker in forum Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last: 01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
  5. What is the FI on the W/T called exactly
    By reDONKulus in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts