GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default exhaust question

Ive got a magnaflow exhaust system and I really want to make it louder Im not sure what kind of magnaflow but it not very loud at all and what can i do to make it louder besides straight pipe it hahaha. thanks!
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

What size is the tip? I noticed a change on my old truck when I put the tip on vs the the piping.(4" tip off a 3" pipe)
    2006 Silverado Crewcab 5.3l, has a modified airbox with drop-in filter.
    Mods to come:
    Exhaust
    Tune
    Suspension
    More power!

Legend

Blog Entries

You may want to look into just changing the muffler. I think the flowmaster 40 has pretty aggressive sound and should be easy install with your current magnaflow system. Check out this thread (and I think there are a couple of other ones floating around here) that have exhaust sound examples.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz205G14Fke

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

alright with that being said does anyone know which flowmaster is fairly loud (louder than the magnaflow) Ive listened to the flowmaster 44, 40 , and 10 and cant tell much of a difference and which one does not have a lot of drone noise?

loud exhaust = drone at cruising speeds no matter what. If you want something loud and obnoxious go with glasspacks bro.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

However.. if you want a good exhaust system that doesn't sound like crap.. buy a set of headers, take it to your local muffler shop and have them put an x-pipe, true dual it though a couple of 50 series F-masters and rear-exit it (45 angle or straight out would be your personal preference).. but that's just me.. I hate that obnoxious loud popping sound personally. my truck sounds mean as hell.. quiet rumble until it's time to play.. then he screams with a deep throaty roar. If you run it like i explained, you can also dump it before the axle which would make it louder.. but increase the amount of drone you get.

yea i not trying to get the obnoxious sound ha when i kick the gas in i want it to rumble! what kind of headers ive got know idea? and ive never heard of 50 series?

the 50 series (now i'm questioning myself on the series #, but I'll research it some real quick) flowmaster is single in/out (for true dual exhaust setups) and I've got BBK headers on my truck. I dont have any clips of the exhaust tone after i added the x pipe and dummy cats.. but Ill put one up of how it sounded with the headers, cai, and single flowmaster 40 in just a second.

If I'm not mistaken this is the muffler I've got now with the x pipe true dualed:
    http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...oducts_id=4434
    Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 07-08-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by