GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Will this fit?

Hybrid View

Default Will this fit?

Hey I've been trying to find out if 33x12.5x18 will fit on my 2011 Silverado 1500 4x4 with a 2" leveling kit...I'm getting rims as well. I've read that they will fit without rubbing, and I've also read that they won't fit. Could someone post pics of point me in the direction of pics of someone who has a 2" leveling kit with 33x12.5x18? Also what is everyone's opinion on the best tire size to go with for a 2" leveling kit (slightly aggressive tire)

Cheers,

Matt.

Height wise it should fit. It is just over a 1" difference, but for how wide the tire is I'm not to sure. That is a little over a 2" difference on that. As far as a tire goes. I have always been more partial to the BGF All-Terrains.
    Last edited by dcs1988; 07-14-2012 at 12:19 PM.

2002 1500 Chevy Silverado Z71
    265/75R16 B.F.G All-Terrains T/A KO
    Ranch Hand Brush Guard
    Flowmaster Super 44
    MSD Wires
    Specture Cold Air Intake
    HyperTech Programmer

Worst case you can take a dremel to the plastics and trim them. Someone who has done this before can do it in ~10 mins. Someone who has no idea what they are doing but is good with tools and mechanically minded can do it in 20-30 mins and will be faster on successive trims. It's easy and is nothing to fear. (I wsa terrified about it the first time I trimmed and afterward I was like, 'gee, what the heck was I afraid of?')

I have no opinion on tires to use with a 2"kit...

I think the tire should fit. The curve ball comes when you change the rims. If you don't get the right backspace it may cause you rubbing issues. You should if you haven't already read through this thread. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz20iN7vRok This may give you a better idea of what you are looking at and may be able to ask direct questions to those that have what you want.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

There's also the thought about whether it rubs when the shocks are compressed. But again, trimming fixes that as well as rubbage due to backspacing, provided the backspacing is reasonable.