GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default san diego fireworks hacker 2012

I'm not an expert on fireworks, but I do know something about networks.

what does everybody think about the possibility that somebody somehow somewhere someway hacked into this fireworks network that was clearly remote because everything was on barges - and set them off all at once?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Even though they all went off at once I can only imagine being able to see that. It would have still been awesome! It's sad to think that someone would ruin hundreds of thousands peoples time that came all the way out to see see the show. Hopefully next year they fix all the problems and put on a great show!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

everybody always wondered what it would look like if they all went off at the same time.

this video shows the fireworks a little better. every one was excited when they started going off untill it stopped about 25 seconds later.

People down here are complaining like crazy about it. I could see being dissapointed but angry and mad, some people need to get a life and realize what the 4th is about. We went to another show in the area but if an accident with the fireworks is going to ruin your day I can only shake my head.

People that were down by the bay also said there was no cell reception for about a half hour after the fireworks went off. Since its all computerized something happened to cause the glitch. whether it was hacked or simply a technical issue (which always happen at the worst time) who knows. probably a hell of a show for 20 seconds (insert innapropriate joke here, which many who have a sense of humor did this morning around here)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

At least it was a glitch that didnt hurt anyone. Really cant see getting angry about itif everything in life was perfect we'd have nothing to look forward to.

I was more bothered by the boater in New York that overloaded his 33' boat with 27 people going out to watch fireworks and managed to kill 3 kids when it capsized, thats something to get angry and mad about.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    At least it was a glitch that didnt hurt anyone. Really cant see getting angry about itif everything in life was perfect we'd have nothing to look forward to.

I was more bothered by the boater in New York that overloaded his 33' boat with 27 people going out to watch fireworks and managed to kill 3 kids when it capsized, thats something to get angry and mad about.
    exactley right
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post

I am with you on that one. Sad state of affairs.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"