GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Suburban or Yukon?

I believe many people had asked this question and I did googled before this post.

I want to buy this size of SUV but not sure which one to choose. We used mostly for family purpose, but sometime need to carry some goods in boxes. I am driving a Suburban rented from Avis. The rental guys told me they are the exact same cars so no different. Is that true?

Thanks
    Jirong

The suburban or Yukon XL (same rig) will have a smoother ride because of the longer wheelbase. If you use the 3rd row, storage and carry capacity will be minimal in a yukon or tahoe. If it were me I'd get the suburban or xl, especially if you ever plan on towing

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

The Yukon is the same, with minor styling differences - like the headlights and grill.
    Yukon=Tahoe (two doors plus back hatch or barn doors)
    Yukon XL=Suburban (these were four doors plus rear hatch or barn doors, and came in two lengths, with some having 3rd row removable seating)
    I like you.