GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Blizzak tires, snow tires need advice.

I talked to the fellow at the tire shop. He advised that I should keep the 20" Milanni wheels for non-winter driving. Said that I should buy a set of rims -stock off a blazer or Suburban, and fit them with 245/75 R16 snow tread with studs. I was thinking about the Blizzaks; but I don't find them in that size for WS-60 Blizzak. Can I go to a narrower tire with a stock Blazer rim?

thanks,
    Ed

Lightbulb

I have run Blizzaks they are a great tire just a very soft compound, not sure what years Blazer you have but many of the older models have narrower rims. Putting a narrow tire on a wide rim is tough on the side walls. My 97 Sub rims are quite a bit smaller then my 02 Sub rims, you should be able to fins similar ones to fit yours.

Phil
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

Sorry I didn't mention what kind of vehicle I asking about. I was inquiring for my 98 GMC Suburban K1500. The rims at Les Schwab that came off a Blazer I think, were to be fitted with 245/75 16. I just thought that if I went with a narrower tire I might have more mchoices.

Ed

you can also run 265-75-16. i just bought a set of Kelly winterfires for my s-10 and they are nice a little noisy on the freeway though. But what u want for a snow tire.
    HI MY NAME IS. HI MY NAME IS. HI MY NAME IS.
    BJ

1993 GMC K2500 Suburban 5.7L Jegs 8.0mm wires, Jegs Red Hot Coil, Jegs Cap & Rotor, Accel U-Grove Plugs, Cold Air Intake, Holly Headers, Manderal Bend Y-Pipe, Super 40 Muffler, M/T Classic II sitting on BFG A/T (MINE)

[COLOR="Magenta"]1994 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4 4.3L CPI. Delta Flow 50 Muffler.(Wifes) DIED.. Cab mounts rotted out.. Parting out need anything let me know!!!!