GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Should Chevy make another minivan?

It has been at least 4 years or so since the discontinuation of the Chevy Uplander.

Well, you know what, I personally think Chevy should make another attempt at making a minivan. I think it could make them a decent amount of money. They could bring back the uplander, redesign it a little. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. Minivans meet my family's transportation needs better than any other configuration, and I'm not too keen on buying a Dodge.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

in my mind its a no brainer. my mom ended up getting a sienna and she is dissatisfied.. without a doubt they could make money on it. the dealership i work for even uses the old uplanders to this day as customer shuttles.

Families buy them; I still see new ones all over. I say yes.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Personally, I'm undecided on that one. The only difference between a minivan and what other companies are replacing them with is that a minivan has sliding doors. I think Ford has the right idea... ditch the classic minivan for something like the Flex. Its square, it looks cool, its got all the features you could want, and its not nearly as un-cool as a minivan has always been considered to be because its got 4 real doors, but its not quite a station wagon.

As much as minivans have a big market, I think crossovers that give you the interior space without all of the height of a full-on SUV are the way to go.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

I never liked mini vans and since I am not married and don't have kids, I guess I am not worried, but I will say it now. A mini van will not replace a crew cab truck, tahoe or suburban and it is funny watching mini van dad's put the petal to the metal trying to show their mini van off to a truck...... makes for great video.

I think they should. And put a turbo 4 cyl in it. Maybe use a 2.0L and make around 260hp, seats six and isn't SUV heavy. Oh and it has to not look boring. lol

Of course they should, it keeps the soccer moms and office geek dads out of the cool cars and retains their cool factor.

Yes they should. It should be similar to the old panel vans form years gone by, with some cool upgrades. No not those PT cruiser wannabes they need to have 4 wheel drive and clearance and stability. They need at least 16 inch tires and not lo pros.
    Maybe like an Anglia or that would be awesome looking
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I think that they should. The cross overs and suvs don't fit some of the needs that the mini van did. The Chrysler vans are everywhere. People buy them like crazy still. Our friends just bought a fully loaded Chrysler van for around $24000. I mean fully loaded. The dealer also offered them a warranty for $2000 that will fix any mechanical issues for the life of the vehicle. I hate to say it, but if I could afford a new vehicle I might have to jump on one of those. Although it would take some getting used to driving around, I would not have an issue driving a mini van. I used my dad's 1990 safari minivan as a work truck for 7 years. I never had a mechanical issue and gave it back to him with 230,000 miles on it. Then my nephew and his family drove it for another 3 years.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)