GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default auto parts store

just wondering how you gm guys and gals rate these stores we have 3 in a row nappa auto zone and a o reillys. i lean twards o reillys.

Well it doesn't matter to me, I have 2 o'rileys right next to me so since they are closer that's where I go. Otherwise I do most of my shopping online!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I prefer O'Reilly over VatoZone or Sadvance any day. But that's only iffen I can't get the parts from the local ACD supplier (Holme's Auto Supply OR Berg GMC dealership)... I hate sending my money to some billionaire who doesn't need it. Support local economy!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I'm a napa guy all the way! Never had a problem with any of their parts and thats also where we get a lot of tractor parts so it makes it convenient to go there.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

San Angelo most of the time, Houston at others

I've only got 4 options here in my home town. O'Reiley, Car Quest, Napa, and the local dealer. I usually go to O'Reiley because they're open when I'm working on my rig and the Napa here in town is WAY too expensive. Majority of the parts are 25% higher than the other places for the same pieces. I actually prefer the Car Quest here. It's used to be a small, locally owned place. Been in business for years ( I can remember going there with my grandpa when I was about 6). Most of the same guys still work there. Still has that locally owned attitude, however, they're only open until 5:30 weekdays when I'm at work, and 8 to noon on Sat, closed Sun. That's when I'm usually working on stuff.
    1998 K1500 Suburban
    1977 Chevelle Malibu

"I'm proud to defend your right to be an idiot!" From a friend in the military.

I prefer anything but NAPA, after the way they dumped all their reps. They gave no cobra, no disability insurance to those they owed it, no real reason for termination. 4 have since passed away as they had no health insurance. Many others had to use their 401k's and retirement(taking penalties) to survive.
    NAPA is highly overpriced and highly marked up in comparison to others. I prefer Ac Delco parts and can usually get from a wholesaler.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

that is good --- like the responce and reasoning.
    being open late is a good thing i like to look at how long the guys have been working there too. that nappa policy stinks.
    lets hope they are watching.. did you ever notice when you go in to a place how the employees great you. THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

Most guys welcome me by name , at the places I buy from. I am well known in the parts business in this area. So that helps but most good parts stores try to know their regulars and treat them well.

Quote Originally Posted by rf58 View Post
    that is good --- like the responce and reasoning.
    being open late is a good thing i like to look at how long the guys have been working there too. that nappa policy stinks.
    lets hope they are watching.. did you ever notice when you go in to a place how the employees great you. THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME.
    Also another reason i enjoy going to locally owned places. Greetings are usually something along the line of "Damn, BJ is here... what'd you blow up now man?!" HAHAHA

Yup thats the kind of parts store, or any store , we need to support. When I ran a store I tried to remember every customer and call them by name. Not always possible but I figure 80% of my regulars knew my name and I theirs. I also knew there vehicles and made sure I had inventory so they need not wait for a delivery to come in.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by