GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use Ac Delco parts on my trucks but if i need something for the wifeys car or one of her family members vehicles i use NAPA...

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I'm a napa guy all the way! Never had a problem with any of their parts and thats also where we get a lot of tractor parts so it makes it convenient to go there.
    And they are open early Sunday mornings in Memphis, TN for the correct GM curved heater hose to get my yappin' Aunt back on the road to Texas.Wasted two hours at Auto don't know Zones
    2012 4.8 LS

I prefer autozone over the others, such nice people.... and i kinda work there lol. we dont have an o'reilly's up here so its just napa, advanced auto, autozone, or an auto value. but even before i was hired, i preferred autozone > the rest just because of the service. i used to go to the locally owned ones but the people there just werent very helpful....ever. you cant really say you like one company over another because, a lot of the times, its the workers that make or break your experience. theres a couple autozones that id prefer not go to before going to advanced, napa, etc.
    Last edited by 4x4squared; 07-18-2012 at 04:39 PM.

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

You are right it is all about attitude
    my definition of attitude is
    it is the way you tell your self you can or you can't do something.

Blog Entries

O'Reilly's all the way for parts to keep the truck going. Or make it faster. For making it pretty AutoZone.
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT 4.3
    1984 C20 'burban 454
    1963 C10 283
    One lead foot
    Two hands that turn a steering wheel very quickly and very well.

i think so i have brake problems the abs light is on

Napa gets my vote in my area. I'd rather walk into a greasy old parts store staffed by seasoned help than a bright shiny store. Oreilly and autozone have people working there who know nothing and give out wrong information as well as wrong parts.

All depends on what type of part I am trying to get. What time of the day I am doing repairs and on some things price.

Napa- used alot as always have stuff in stock as one of their wharehouses is close by. Use it for suspension parts for the truck. when I am trying to get something to work on my Land Rover instead of ordering through a supplier, as I cant get any parts for it at any chain part store, I will go to a Napa as they seem (at least in the past) to have more reference material and older experienced people that will look for things that will work. Alot of the time its first choice.

O'rielly- probably the next most frequented. good selection, closer than NAPA, so I go there if I need something simple and generic. better hours than Napa.

Carquest- close by so i will check if o'reilly or Autozone dont have anything.

Autozone- I go there if I am looking mostly at price or just generic things as it is also just down the street. Sometimes they will stock more than O'reilly.

Summitracing- I look there alot as well if I dont need something right away and depending on what category I am looking in as certain things are more upgrade mods more than repair. Somethings are much cheaper (that are same brand as autozone and O'reilly), but no sales tax and S&H is 12.99 most of the time. so if its still cheaper I will get it that way.

Fortunately Napa, O'reilly, and Autozone I can look things up first online to see what they have in stock, prices etc.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I really only go to autozone or the others if I have a coupon for something. They have been putting $25 off of $75 or more on their facebook page. I prefer to go to the small independently owned parts store in town. This place is a tiny building that is a mess inside. But, the owner knows his stuff and will bend over backwards to find what you need. He also has a machine shop so he cuts rotor, mills heads, and so on. I have seen guys go in there with broken parts from the ride on lawn tractors and he will somehow fabricate a fix for almost anything. Yes, he may cost a few bucks more than the chain but again, keeping the money local.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Nice discussions.I have my own truck and i always need to go auto stores.But i just love to do shop online rather than to go stores so i personally always prefer to online shops or stores
    http://www.amwasia.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12