GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Its really to much for the boat? Try changing the prop?
    I've tried 5 different props including a custom cut prop, while supercharged motors work great in direct drives and Jet boats they just dont hook up well in a I/O. I was warned before I put the engine in that it wouldnt work well, I just had to find out on my own.
    The hull design along with prop angle from the outdrive just doesnt work well untill youve got some speed on if your pushing to much horsepower.

dont mean to drop a non-thread bomb in here Tim, but have you heard anything about a meet in DFW next month? @tbplus10

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    Do you take your battery out and charge it? If so then your battery must be bad.. Time for a new one!
    Its not the battery we put new ones in every two years and leave them on battery tenders when not in use. The problem is somewhere in the charging system or what makes it keeps it's charge. The worse thing right now with this 105 degree weather is vapor lock on my parents chappparral. With the huge engine compartment it gets hot and drys out the fuel rails
    Last edited by ahmitchell1; 07-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I've tried 5 different props including a custom cut prop, while supercharged motors work great in direct drives and Jet boats they just dont hook up well in a I/O. I was warned before I put the engine in that it wouldnt work well, I just had to find out on my own.
    The hull design along with prop angle from the outdrive just doesnt work well untill youve got some speed on if your pushing to much horsepower.
    I gotcha. The only i/o we gots got the 8.1 which is a beast, never needed the boost. We had ours on the old sunscape mainly to get up multiple bare footers back when my parents could still get out. now it's multiple slalom or kneeboarding or wakeboards
    Last edited by ahmitchell1; 07-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    dont mean to drop a non-thread bomb in here Tim, but have you heard anything about a meet in DFW next month? @tbplus10
    I havent heard anything yet.
    There is a car show at Steves work this weekend that I plan on attending and hopefully we get a few members showing there.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I gotcha. The only i/o we gots got the 8.1 which is a beast, never needed the boost. We had ours on the old sunscape mainly to get up multiple bare footers back when my parents could still get out. now it's multiple slalom or kneeboarding or wakeboards
    Yea I was advised if I needed more HP to use an 8.1, their strong on top end and the power comes on a little smoother, they dont pitch the bow up as fast. Mine I can pitch the bow so it looks like its straight up, but your going no where until it drops a little and starts digging. But like you point out with the Sunscape put a knee board or skier back there and it does good, tube is to light, and we use this boat mostly for tubes or just floating out on the lake.

Get you two obrian screamers. Best tube out there. Plus we are usually have at least 400 pounds behind the boat when we're tubing, all my friends r my size.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

I've got two Air Force 6' tubes, but for the most part my passengers are all under 150lbs.
    I did try a Fat Sack in the back but it takes up to much room.
    Plus the fuel useage of this engine vice my original factory 350 is a huge difference, I could play a whole day and boat into the night on a tank of fuel with the original engine, this one gets me to late afternoon and I either gotta stop playing or get the spare cans out of the truck.
    I know I'll lose power but for our use I think it's gonna be the best choice. I am thinking about just removing the Supercharger and keeping the injection system or going carburated.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I've got two Air Force 6' tubes, but for the most part my passengers are all under 150lbs.
    I did try a Fat Sack in the back but it takes up to much room.
    Plus the fuel useage of this engine vice my original factory 350 is a huge difference, I could play a whole day and boat into the night on a tank of fuel with the original engine, this one gets me to late afternoon and I either gotta stop playing or get the spare cans out of the truck.
    I know I'll lose power but for our use I think it's gonna be the best choice. I am thinking about just removing the Supercharger and keeping the injection system or going carburated.
    Carbartors will keep you from getting vapor locked. This is the hottest summer we've had in its doing work to my parents chapp. I'm wrapping there fuel rails in exhaust wrap it should help
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

My truck, my parents 17' Cutter Bowrider, not a bad boat for cruising around, or taking people tubing.

But this is my boat, a 14' Temptest, with 135 merc. I need a new prop, any sugestions? Also looking at jack plates..... turns out I havn't uploaded any pictures to the computer, only mobile uploaded to facebook.. I shall get pictures soon.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast