GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Great looking truck. I'd have to get rid of all that chrome on the bottom and that truck is perfect. Of course you could always remove all the emblems. That doesn't look like no farm truck neither from the pics it looks to be in great shape. Good buy
    I know I was surprised how good the paint was for a farm truck! And bad news on the chrome I wanted the chrome off ASAP so i took it to a body shop and they got one piece off and found out all the chrome is held on with silicone which means they can't get it off without damaging the paint. They tried everything so until I can afford to do all that the chrome has to stay for a while.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Congratulation Nathan on your new ride! Very nice. Quickly modding it up already I see.
    Thanks Mike!! Yeah I just couldn't leave it as is! Its got lots of potential!

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Congrats Nathan,

If this is your first Duramax, I want to know how it goes...... I am looking to replace my 1500 with the 5.3 for a Duramax when it dies for good and want to know about any surprises that come up since it is a diesel that a gas owner would not know about.

Nak.
    Thanks Nak!
    I definitely will let you know! So far I love it! 20mpgs instead of my 11 and loads more power! The allision 6 speed is amazing and I have already hauled a car with our gooseneck trailer and it did a great job while still getting 17mpg's! (it was only a civic ) It was a great upgrade!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey!
    Congrats on the new truck! Looks really nice, lovin' the colour red... R.I.P. to your 'RADO..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Congrats...... You will love the Duramax>>>>>>>>> and welcome back...

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I know I was surprised how good the paint was for a farm truck! And bad news on the chrome I wanted the chrome off ASAP so i took it to a body shop and they got one piece off and found out all the chrome is held on with silicone which means they can't get it off without damaging the paint. They tried everything so until I can afford to do all that the chrome has to stay for a while.
    maybe try plasti dip on it and have it black till you can do the body work
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

That's a great looking truck! Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Well as most of you know my truck got totaled by a clueless woman driver so after looking around for a week I finally found a new truck! I decided to upgrade to a duramax . I've been wanting one for forever so I figured now was my chance! A local farmer that we've known for a while just happened to have it for sale that week so once I knew I could get a good deal on it I pulled the trigger! Well enough talk and here are some pics! I'll put them in order of how it was when I bought it and what I've already gotten done to it

This dude loved chrome...

After some chrome removal....

All washed up..

dumb chrome hubcaps off and steel wheels painted black...

And not the best picture but my old wheels and tires from the wrecked on and the truck leveled up! I'll get better pictures up of how it sits now. I just installed a 4'' turbo-back exhaust yesterday, wasn't as hard as I expected really and I'm running a edge evolution programmer that I got a steal of a deal on! So far I love it!!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123