GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Major hands free problem

When I try and use the hands free future it makes a horrible high pitch noise. I can here her talking but that noise is so loud. It does it for Bluetooth and even when trying to use OnStar. Anybody have an idea what could be causing it? The noise comes through the speakers. I'll post a video to YouTube soon and then post it here so everyone can see as well.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Turn down your speakers it's loud and annoying. I'm on vacation and it just started doing this. Annoying!

It's a feed-back problem (noise inside the truck is being picked up by the mic, amplified and coming back into the truck from the speakers).

What could be running, inside the cab, that would product a noise?
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Nothing I can think of, it never did this until recently and nothing has changed inside.

Did you change phones?

Could the phone mic be turned on so the feed-back is being picked up there?

Did you try with the phone bluetooth turned off?

are you an emt or firefighter with a pager or scanner? radar detector? all might be causing feedback interference

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

I did change phones but just updated to the new iPhone but fell in the lake yesterday. :( so now I'm back on my old one and it stopped. Thanks guys for the responses. I'm going to ATT saturday hopefully and purchasing a new phone so hopefully it doesn't start again!

I have a Aux chord that runs through my tape player, for my iPod, and it makes a similar noise when the radio is turned up when the iPod is playing. The noise mine makes isn't as obvious, but it's noticeable.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    4WD, Standard cab

Current Mods:
    2" Rough Country torsion keys, Black Bowtie, 3rd brake light tinted, custom tint on headlight/turn signal corners and taillights, Tractor Supply low profile toolbox, 8000K green Xentec HID headlights/Fog Lights, Window tint, 285/75R16 Falken Rocky Mountain AT/S tires, Flowmaster 10 Series single chamber exhaust 3" tips.

Man it's annoying, at least I fixed it!

Maybe an additional condenser or them whatcha ma call its that stop alternator noise and such.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by