GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

How about a 6.0 liter? I have considered this is an alternative to the 4.8 at some point in the trucks future, along with a 6 speed manual swap. That is what would interest me. That and the reasoning behind Surreal's post, lol.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

alot depends on your want/needs/goals and funds.... a 6.0 is a great base for a build along with any ls based motor but gotta know what ya want
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the 6.0 LQ9, and I was disappointed with how GM decided to throttle that baby back. Tons of power, but only 4 seconds after you actually ask for it. No longer a problem, of course, but still, I couldn't believe how much power they'd pulled out until I actually unlocked it. Dyno wouldn't show the diff, of course, because the time is more than adequate to overcome the delay.

With whatever you guys are doing, I'd recommend addressing torque management as part of your solutions. Even removing a portion of it really goes a long way to "feeling" the power of these trucks, be it a 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0.

Cheers!
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

agree'd although your tranny is going to be your weak point. if you remove it it better have some work done to it then again a stall ill fix that haha

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    Seems like you have set some pretty high standards, as a proud GM owner I wouldn't mind the extra power. If your seeing numbers even comparable to the LS3 that's amazing! I wouldn't mind dishing out some money for extra power. The products you plan on offering sound great, I would love to see some numbers posted.
    Well, aside from what we've deemed the "Recluse", we've also opened up our ebay store offering a few head/cam setups and other various offerings. We're seeing numbers surpassing the ls3 as of now and looking into smaller upgrades/changes to internal parts to surpass them even more. We'll be getting some dyno sheets from Texas Speed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I would love more power! But, I am cautious when it comes to things like this. What have you hit on that companies like Edelbrock, Banks and other places like that have not? Those other comps. deal in volume so that they are able to to keep the price lower. If there was some documentation to support the gains and the price was right I would be all for helping a small business get started. Because it is guys like you that will help to grow this struggling economy.
    Can't give away all our secrets ;) but we deal in factory GM parts (with our own delicate modification on some) for the most part and have a decent connection on the inside. On top of this, my partner Billy is an ASE certified GM technician. Previously mentioned that we are working on getting some dyno runs (both engine and chassis), but the line is across the state lol. I'll say this: I'm impressed with it haha. Can't wait for the S/C model to be finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Rado,
    I am no longer interested in the details of this. I was -- but coming from a member of this COMMUNITY who has no interest in getting to know others AND who takes issue with those of us, here, who do ... I'll find other places to spend my hard-earned dollars. Much like I advocate changing the radio station if one doesn't like what's playing on it ... I also advocate voting with one's feet/wallet and am choosing to do do exactly that even before the disclosure of details/prices.

I just can't consider monetarily condoning someone who has a problem with people getting to know one another.

Good luck with your endeavor.
    Sorry to hear that you've taken it to that level Surreal. None-the-less... thank you for at least wishing us luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    If the price is reasonable then hell yes! I could always use more of the being thrown back into my seat sensation.
    Looking (don't quote me here haha) for around 4-5K for a complete (aside from needing your existing sensors and tuned PCM) drop-in Recluse. We're different from other companies in our pricing. We're willing to work with our customers personally to configure packages meeting their power and hopefully checkbook desires alike.

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    lol about $4k worth... just did cam/heads/and intake manifold swap
    Haha.. well when you get bored of those mods bud, we've got an ebay store open! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    How about a 6.0 liter? I have considered this is an alternative to the 4.8 at some point in the trucks future, along with a 6 speed manual swap. That is what would interest me. That and the reasoning behind Surreal's post, lol.
    Our motors are 6.2 liters, and are working with Extreme Transmissions out of California (built my Allison for Trina) on getting great deals on stage 1,2 &3 transmissions to send out with our motors, as this is an obvious weak link after the 400HP mark and we're basing our HP numbers at least 100 above that at the crank from our assembly line.

Surreal's post is based on a rant i did out of frustration that may/may not have gotten blown out of proportion and taken the wrong way. I'd take it back if I could.. But as far as getting to know people goes, he's mistaken. Kenny (Shakeablegoose on here) will tell you differently than I've been accused here as far as personability goes haha. He will be getting a very complete and sweet deal from us summer of 2013!

alot depends on your want/needs/goals and funds.... a 6.0 is a great base for a build along with any ls based motor but gotta know what ya want
    That's what my job is!! To talk with you (the customer) and give mine and Billy's thoughts on your desires, then help you acheive them within your budget!!

agree'd although your tranny is going to be your weak point. if you remove it it better have some work done to it then again a stall ill fix that haha
    Previously stated that we're working with Extreme Transmissions out of California to give our customers great pricing on transmissions that will hold up against the torque/HP numbers they desire!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Surreal's post is based on a rant i did out of frustration that may/may not have gotten blown out of proportion and taken the wrong way. I'd take it back if I could.. But as far as getting to know people goes, he's mistaken. Kenny (Shakeablegoose on here) will tell you differently than I've been accused here as far as personability goes haha. He will be getting a very complete and sweet deal from us summer of 2013!
    While you're likely understandably busy in your endeavor, not posting in your own thread for a month, and then replying to all the comments in a single post, doesn't exactly fail to support what Surreal said, either.

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    While you're likely understandably busy in your endeavor, not posting in your own thread for a month, and then replying to all the comments in a single post, doesn't exactly fail to support what Surreal said, either.
    Haha, I can unfortunately understand where you're coming from with that. But I do still work 168 hours a week at my oilfield job and am often left without access to internet use.
    Recently got approval for satellite internet, so here I am!

Master Mechanic

Well, aside from what we've deemed the "Recluse", we've also opened up our ebay store offering a few head/cam setups and other various offerings. We're seeing numbers surpassing the ls3 as of now and looking into smaller upgrades/changes to internal parts to surpass them even more. We'll be getting some dyno sheets from Texas Speed soon.

Can't give away all our secrets ;) but we deal in factory GM parts (with our own delicate modification on some) for the most part and have a decent connection on the inside. On top of this, my partner Billy is an ASE certified GM technician. Previously mentioned that we are working on getting some dyno runs (both engine and chassis), but the line is across the state lol. I'll say this: I'm impressed with it haha. Can't wait for the S/C model to be finished.

Sorry to hear that you've taken it to that level Surreal. None-the-less... thank you for at least wishing us luck.

Looking (don't quote me here haha) for around 4-5K for a complete (aside from needing your existing sensors and tuned PCM) drop-in Recluse. We're different from other companies in our pricing. We're willing to work with our customers personally to configure packages meeting their power and hopefully checkbook desires alike.

Haha.. well when you get bored of those mods bud, we've got an ebay store open! ;)

Our motors are 6.2 liters, and are working with Extreme Transmissions out of California (built my Allison for Trina) on getting great deals on stage 1,2 &3 transmissions to send out with our motors, as this is an obvious weak link after the 400HP mark and we're basing our HP numbers at least 100 above that at the crank from our assembly line.

That's what my job is!! To talk with you (the customer) and give mine and Billy's thoughts on your desires, then help you acheive them within your budget!!

Previously stated that we're working with Extreme Transmissions out of California to give our customers great pricing on transmissions that will hold up against the torque/HP numbers they desire!

what's the link to your ebay store?
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS2-LS3-Cyli...item3cc988e788

Doesn't this kit also need to include the L76/LS3 intake to be 'complete?' The LS2 intake is cathedral port and doesn't work with the LS3 heads without an intake change. Or I guess you should probably also add to the "Note" section there that a new intake is required, instead of simply advertising that you also have LSA blowers for sale, which would work for these heads. Just to clarify, as a lot of people won't know this.