GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Disappointed with the amount of power your stock 4.8 or 5.3 makes? -Feeler Post-

Before I go too much into detail without first getting clearance from Steve... I'd like to get a sense of how many members here are disappointed with the amount of power their trucks make.

My buddy and I are actually now an established LLC, specializing in modification of these LS based blocks, and things are looking GREAT. We've got our hands on some very good products for pretty decent prices and have become fairly confident that our engines are going to meet or exceed the HP numbers posted by GM Performance on their crate LS3, and we'll be selling for considerably less. No real price figures up just yet, but back to the real question...

Are there any members that are willing to go an extra mile or two to get what they want from their trucks??

Aside from providing assembled, ready to run motors.. we're looking at providing head/cam/intake setups for the ls based motors as well, would like some feedback and possibly some ideas as to what the "average customer" would be willing to do to their trucks.

Let's get some activity on this one please!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Depends on cost-to-benefit ratio...

Working on a price figure right this minute in long-block form... and actual HP figures are TBA once Motor 1 is through the dyno... but ill say this, even not tuned... half throttle stuck me to my seat.

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade

man about a year ago i would of hit you up... haha
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    man about a year ago i would of hit you up... haha
    Well.. what's the difference from then to now??

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI

Seems like you have set some pretty high standards, as a proud GM owner I wouldn't mind the extra power. If your seeing numbers even comparable to the LS3 that's amazing! I wouldn't mind dishing out some money for extra power. The products you plan on offering sound great, I would love to see some numbers posted.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I would love more power! But, I am cautious when it comes to things like this. What have you hit on that companies like Edelbrock, Banks and other places like that have not? Those other comps. deal in volume so that they are able to to keep the price lower. If there was some documentation to support the gains and the price was right I would be all for helping a small business get started. Because it is guys like you that will help to grow this struggling economy.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Rado,
    I am no longer interested in the details of this. I was -- but coming from a member of this COMMUNITY who has no interest in getting to know others AND who takes issue with those of us, here, who do ... I'll find other places to spend my hard-earned dollars. Much like I advocate changing the radio station if one doesn't like what's playing on it ... I also advocate voting with one's feet/wallet and am choosing to do do exactly that even before the disclosure of details/prices.

I just can't consider monetarily condoning someone who has a problem with people getting to know one another.

Good luck with your endeavor.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-15-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Master Mechanic

If the price is reasonable then hell yes! I could always use more of the being thrown back into my seat sensation.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Well.. what's the difference from then to now??
    lol about $4k worth... just did cam/heads/and intake manifold swap
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast