GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Steve you might want to check out some of the stuff available at Fryes.
    I set up a decent security system with 5 camera's and a DVR added outdoor motion detection spots and a few other tricks all for around $250.
    Truthfully the Surveillance Video signs seem to be more of a deterrent than anything else, more than once I've seen people looking at the signs then trying to spot the camera's, a few more steps closer and the lights come on, this seems to do the trick every time.
    I just was at fry's and they don't have any $250 systems. Their packaged systems are all in the $400 to $500 range, plus they want $250 for professional installation as well.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

When you all get down to the nitty gritty, please be sure to do some reviews as more and more of us will be needing security cameras for one reason or another.
    Being on the road for weeks at a time I am looking for something to hook up with my iphone and/or laptop.. Crime has risen in my community quite a bit lately so I would like to see who is trespassing and then make a call from where ever I maybe on any given day.
    Very interested in getting a system but I will have someone who has a technical background install it. Electronics just aren't my thing.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

It's sad to think crime is rising so much, I wish everyone could understand to respect other people property.

I also agree Steve, let us know what you end up purchasing and take pictures of the install. Can't wait to see the progress!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Yeah isn't that a novel idea of having respect. I remember it was once just standard practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I just was at fry's and they don't have any $250 systems. Their packaged systems are all in the $400 to $500 range, plus they want $250 for professional installation as well.
    I wouldnt spend the money on their "professional installation" I picked and choosed parts to put together my own system.

I've found a good two camera Swann system that I can piece together and install myself for about $250.

I have power in the garage that should be easy enough to tap-into to cover the driveway. I think I'll also cover the front door/entry as well as I have a large overhang too. Buying a four-channel system/DVR isn't really much more and that lets me expand as need be.

You guys are having that much of a problem in that area?
    Grand Prairie recently stepped up patrols in our area even though we didnt have issues, neighbors just started getting vocal about the lack of police presence, Tarrant Co. patrols are also showing more often, something I hadnt seen in the previous 7 years of living here.
    I also found out the elementary school a few houses down and across the street from me will provide their surveilance video if you have the police request it for an investigation.

I've noticed that the Forney police have seemed to doubled over the past year. It's nice to see extra police around the area!

generally speaking cops are a good thing, until they dont know the laws the are sposed to enforce, but thats a whole other discussion. sad thing is you would think that living on a military post as small as FT. Story things here would be pretty quiet, and for the most part they are, but we have had issues here. thats why my 9mm lives next to my bed.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

My Husband Bill and I own a security business and sell security cameras. As we all know there are many different kinds and many different prices. We have camera techs available who could talk with you about your situation and exactly what camera would do the job for you and at the best price. If you are interested, call us at (863) 514-3708 and we will set you up to talk with one of our camera techs and in the meantime, you can check out the cameras on our websites at http://www.personalsecuritycompany.com/Cameras and http://www.electronicsurveillancecompany.com. Best of luck in finding the help you need and keep us in mind if you need assistance! Marie Abbatoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12