GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default back seat removal

I am trying to install my amp to back of my cab and wanted to know the best way to remove the seats. 2010 extended cab 60/40 seat. and if anyone know the best way to mount the amp to the cab thanks!
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

I want to say there is 6 bolts that hold the seat down. Pick straight up on it, the back of the seat has L shaped brackets on it that are plastic so be careful. I cut a section of the black insulation out and screwed the amp to the back wall.
    2012 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
    Airaid Jr. Magnaflow RC level Cooper Zeon LTZ

alright that sounds simple enough it looks a lot more complicated than that. i was thinking about getting some medium density fiber board and some liquid nail and put that on the cab and drill into the amp into the board.
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

That should work. Just be careful if your amp is very thick and don't mount it behind the hinges on the seat. I put a really nasty scratch on my amp. I would mount it as low as you can for more clearance.
    2012 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
    Airaid Jr. Magnaflow RC level Cooper Zeon LTZ

Alright i think Im going to try to do this today. my amp is not thick at all its just fairly long.