GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default College Football ~ 2012 season

Since football season is just around the corner I thought I would ask the question. Who is going to be the best team in the NCAA's? I ask it that way because it isn't always the best teams that get to play for the National Title.
    Last edited by Steve; 07-29-2012 at 07:06 PM.

First of roll tide. But south Carolina is the team to watch of for this year to mess around with the standings, but I think the last 3 national championships deserved it. I'm also bias becuase I own 2 rings myself. SEC all the way like usual, just hard to tell who will come out on top with it being so competitive
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

First off Congrats on the rings!! But I have to disagree about the winner last year. Bama should not have even played in the game. I watched the first game the two teams played and thought it was a good game. But I didn't watch a single second of the second in protest. I know it didn't change anything but that is what I did.
    South Carolina has a strong squad as long as they can keep their players on the field. However I have to disagree that the SEC will win this year. I think that USC will win the title. And next year you will see the Urban legend raising the trophy. Go BUCKS!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Well it's been the sec for the past 6 years and I don't see anyone slowing down or getting smaller
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

eventually a bigger badder bully will run the school yard

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Don't forget the best team from last year that was on sanction, USC.
    Sec teams are there due to politics mainly. Utah proved that to the TIDE. And Urban has refused to play the school he lied to. Oh I need to clarify. The school Urban the liar lied to first, Utah. Urban has a good record with others recruits and he has a track history of leaving when the going get tough. Sorry, Just can't root for a guy who can not be trusted for his word.
    Of course I am rooting fo my Utes to upset several teams again. But our QB situation is shaky at best.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

But what did the tide do after that? Everybody's gotta lose sometime and kinda insulting to hear my national championship rings were gained politically and not by the year round effort we put into making our team better
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

Oklahoma will rebound from their rough finish last year. Their young receiving corp and defense has a year under their belt now, and their best RB will be back from his injury last year. They were a young team last year and so they have a ton of experience coming back. I doubt any one receiver will replace Broyles's production (except maybe Jazz Reynolds), but the corps as a whole will make it more difficult for defenses to guard than it was last year. If they can avoid a mid season letdown they'll be right down in the mix.

As far as conferences go, keep in mind it always goes in cycles. Seems like every decade it's a different conference (or group of teams from the same region) that dominates. It's bound to cycle through to another conference at some point.

I'll finish with this: BOOMER SOONER!!!!
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

I have to say, Ohio State Buckeyes (O-H-----I-O) GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    First of roll tide. But south Carolina is the team to watch of for this year to mess around with the standings, but I think the last 3 national championships deserved it. I'm also bias becuase I own 2 rings myself. SEC all the way like usual, just hard to tell who will come out on top with it being so competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    I have to say, Ohio State Buckeyes (O-H-----I-O) GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    That team from Ohio(makes me puke just thinking bout that school) lol and bama are both gonna get defeated by The University of Michigan this year. Maize and Blue all day, everyday...

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast