GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Superguard Hood Shields...

So, EGRUSA heard about the hood of my truck getting keyed and immediately offered to ship me out a EGR Superguard hood shield to try and hide the damage.

It's a great looking deflector. It fits the truck well and was easy to install. It does however sit a bit too far from the hood (about an inch and a half) to hide the scratches so it doesn't really work too well for my needs.

That being said, it's still on my truck and starting to grow on me...

I have also found there are MUCH less bugs on my windshield after a trip up north. It definitely makes a big difference in that regard.

All in all...a great product...

That's awesome that they sent you one. Do you have any pictures?
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Jaele View Post
    That's awesome that they sent you one. Do you have any pictures?
    Yeah, I do. I'm sitting at jury duty right now, I'll hook up some pics ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by ramu3527 View Post
    So, EGRUSA heard about the hood of my truck getting keyed and immediately offered to ship me out a EGR Superguard hood shield to try and hide the damage.

It's a great looking deflector. It fits the truck well and was easy to install. It does however sit a bit too far from the hood (about an inch and a half) to hide the scratches so it doesn't really work too well for my needs.

That being said, it's still on my truck and starting to grow on me...

I have also found there are MUCH less bugs on my windshield after a trip up north. It definitely makes a big difference in that regard.

All in all...a great product...
    Thanks for the review, nice to see the product is growing on you.
    Ive actually brought up your comments to our engineers and they are reviewing the possibility of creating a more "aerodynamic'' style hood sheild.
    EGR USA
    4000 East Greystone Drive, Ontario, California 91761
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

Default Pics of the EGR Superguard

Here are those pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0443.jpg   IMG_0444.jpg   IMG_0445.jpg   IMG_0446.jpg   IMG_0447.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by EGRUSA View Post
    Thanks for the review, nice to see the product is growing on you.
    Ive actually brought up your comments to our engineers and they are reviewing the possibility of creating a more "aerodynamic'' style hood sheild.
    Great! you guys put that thing an inch closer to the hood and it'll look awesome.

My concern at that point is how much will it change the effectiveness of the deflector functionality...

You know that bug shield looks way better than I imagined it would. And from the pics it doesn't appear to stick out to far.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Looks good to me, too -- distance and all. It's about the same as mine...

It does look good. Thats not the issue at all.

The whole reason for the deflector is the key marks on the front of my hood. It doesn't cover them totally because of the distance it sits from the hood...

Other than that it's a sweet deflector...

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It looks fine remember it's that far so (A) You can wash that part of the hood (B) Leifs and stuff don't get stuck inbetween and scrach the paint
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X