GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default New CARR Light Wing What do you think?

Well New mod just camein What do you think? I just put it on for now I will have it Flush with the bumper and lights on it soon...

A Do you like it?

B Round or Rectangular Lights?

Before....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9269.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	41714

After.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9270.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	41715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9271.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	41716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9272.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	41717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9273.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	41718
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I've looked at this as a potential offroad light mounting option. I think it looks good on your truck and am inclined to say rectangular lights due to the bar's placement and shape of the area around it. (I think they're going to peek above the bumper...)

How do you feel about its sturdiness?
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.

its not bad looking in and of itself, but it looks weird to me. maybe flush mounted to the bumper would look better, but im not sure i would do that, vibration might make it rum and chatter on the bumper and chip off paint.

all depends how you mount it i suppose.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Thanks guys... It will be closer to the bumper as soon as I get a Free sec On the way to NYC now for a Gig..I have some Piaa lights that might go on just for the show in Pa this weekend.. Then will will see...

Please post up..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I don't know man. Rectangular lights for sure, but if they do peak over the bumper I think it will through out the sleekness of your truck's front end.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I have similar concerns. I'd be more inclined to go with flush mounts on that bumper, myself...

Legend

Thanks guys.. I have like NO time in the next few days Got Events Fri and Sun in Pa and Sat is the Bloomsburg Show So I will have to see about raising it about 1 -1 1/2 in's and getting it more flush And also look into lights..

Are we talking about the thing around the licence plate with the wings coming off it? I don't get it...but that's just me. Makes the front of the truck to busy and for me it screams " I have a truck but I want to look like chrysler 300".

Maybe it will look different with some lights on it?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Looks good, but definitely needs lights. I think PIAAs would look good, but not the chrome ones. Round will match your headlights and should look nice.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Legend

Ok I did some work over the weekend with a belt sander So it fits better.. Lights I am working on now... SShhh

What do you think? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9434.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	41909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9435.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	41910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9436.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	41911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast