GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well I had my old truck 12 years old before I bought my 2011 Chevy, and the old truck is still in the driveway and gets driven at least once a week so judging by that I'll have this truck long after I get tired of the paint color.

When I bought my Avalanche, I planned on being able to keep it about 5 years and be able to sell it with less than 200,000km so that it wouldn't hit that sharp depreciation that comes with that point in the mileage. BUT, I've put almost double my usual mileage on in the year that I've had it, so it looks like i might have to sell it within the next year to year and a half if I want to get a decent value back out of it.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

No plans of trading/selling Red Dust. I've only had the truck for 2 years and I tend to hold on to my vehicles.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I plain on keeping mine for 7-9yr before I get a new Silverado if I trade it in or if still running like a champ I will keep and by a new Rubicon then.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I will keep mine until the wheels fall off, I bought exactly the truck I wanted, fixed it up the way I wanted and now it is time to enjoy it until it wont go anymore. To answer your question I figure with the miles I have on it now and the number of miles I put on it each year "about 35000 a year" I will likely have it about 5 more years. I love my truck and I don't like talking about it's pending demise.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

35,000 miles a year, are you in sales, lol jk.

My dad bought my truck new in 93, and passed it on to me once I got my license at 17. Driving her today and about to roll over 165,000. She was passed down around the 100k mark and everything started to go wrong once I started college. Fuel pump went out, starter, alternator, needed new tires, radiator, water pump, ball joints, etc. Friends and family called it a money pit, but I called it a love. To answer the question, I love my truck and have no plans on selling or getting rid of it, even if shes becoming a little rusty. It adds character, lol

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    I will keep mine until the wheels fall off, I bought exactly the truck I wanted, fixed it up the way I wanted and now it is time to enjoy it until it wont go anymore. To answer your question I figure with the miles I have on it now and the number of miles I put on it each year "about 35000 a year" I will likely have it about 5 more years. I love my truck and I don't like talking about it's pending demise.
    This is exactly what I plan to do, donyms. Your truck is definitely a work of art and I wouldn't want to get rid of it either!

I plan on keeping mine until MUCH further notice. Ideally, I would like to own it sometime (will be financing for awhile lol).

OR

If I fall in LOVE with the upcoming body style Silverado/Sierra and have to have one. I know my truck will be worth alot on a trade so that may be a future option. I also just might want a Duramax...
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Jr. Mechanic

I keep all my vehicles as long as I feel they are reliable. I average 8-10 years for mine and 15-20 years for the wife's since we switched back to the big three.

I will keep this truck for 5+ years!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(going to get Line-X'd)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

I plan on trading mine in later this year or early next year. I planned on keeping for many years as it is paid for but have had so many warrantable issues , that Gm has been slow to take care of, that I am looking to see if a change will be better in the long run. Who knows what the future will bring.
    I write this as I am sitting in a Ford dealership waiting for service on company vehicle. Oh do I feel uncomfortable. Just blocks away my truck sits at the CHevy dealership trying to get issues resolved. With a little GOOD luck maybe all things will work out.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast