GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default 2011 gmc k1500

My truck is almost a year old now right at 21K miles no problems.... I'll keep it till I have problems or something catches my eye

Anyone else?

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

I plan on keeping mine for a while, once its paid off, ill buy a diesel then make my current silverado into a play toy.. too much money into mine now, not to keep it for a long time.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Well my grandpa past the truck to me when he pasted away, so my plan is to keep the truck until I am dead gone and I'll leave it to a family member or friend that would care for it like I do. I just hope before I am dead and gone that there hasnt been a wreck or the worlds oil supply hasnt dried up lol
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I've had mine for 12.5 years now. It still runs and is paid off. I am looking to get a new car next year but I can't see myself without a truck. Once I get my new car, I will be putting a lot of money & TLC into my truck. I plan on having it for at least another 3 to 5 years.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Jr. Mechanic

Mine was 4 years old in April and with only 22K on it I can't see getting rid of it for a while. But because of GM not repaying all of their bailout money there will be no more new GM vehicles for me.
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

Jr. Apprentice
    Just South of beautiful Charlotte North Carolina

I am looking forward to hitting the 2 million mile mark. Does that give you any indication?

*big grin*

Tom

Jr. Apprentice

I have had my truck in my sig for just over a month and the only thing that has made me even think about trading it in is how bad of mileage it's getting. I just switched over to Amsoil oil after running the Engine flush through it and putting a bottle of there Performance Improver in the gas tank. Hopefully that will help me out at the pump because if not I don't know what I will do. I want to keep it until it doesn't go no mo but we will see what happens.
    Master Mason E.F.W. Ellis Lodge #633 Rockford, Il A.F.&A.M. Independent Amsoil Dealer

'04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab WT

Hmmmm let's see. Well I got mine as a graduation present an she only had 196,000 on her at the time. Now coming up to Norfolk, she has rolled over 251,000 and going onto 252,000. A lot has happened. Fuel pump, water pump, alternator, wheel bearing u-joints, tie rods, pitman arm, tires, transfer case, electrical malfunctions and the occasional beating. Now the u-joints are clacka-lacking (I hope), rear end is almost about to go, oil pan gasket likes to drip precious oil onto
    a driveway and the lifters on the drivers side like to tick at about 55-69.

But until that 5.3 under the hood goes kaboom and there is nothing to do to save the block, she's not going anywhere.

On a separate note, a 2005 Gmc Z71 I saw looks just about right in my price range.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast