GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tire Size adjustment in InTune

I understand that anytime a tire or tire and rim/wheel size changed it can throw the speedometer off. My truck came from the dealer with 235/75R16's on it back in 2000.

Since then the rims are original but when those original tires wore out, I replaced them with 265/70R16's and that is the size I have used ever since.

So I plugged in 265/70R16 into the intune and I am noticing the "miles per fill up" go up, I am sure that part of this is because of the custom tune, but how is the change I made as far as the tire size goes going to affect how many miles I am getting per fill up now?

I am calculating the miles per fill up by a combination of my trip odometer and records I have been keeping about how many gallons each fill up was, what the odometer read at each fill up, etc.

Thanks,

Nak.

Because if your speedometer is off then so is your odometer. The tuner is compensating for both inacurate readings.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!