GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hate it when people call the LOAN that GM got a bailout?? or handout?? I am also a small business owner and haven't gotten a LOAN to keep my business going.. I have gotten 2 loans for 2 new GM trucks that I need to run my business... What's the big Dif ?? GM still needs to pay back the government to which I believe they have in stocks ?? I rarely hear anyone comment on the 2 times Chrysler was bailed out ?? Or loan ?? which ever it was ?? I don't mind buying and driving my 2013 3500HD work truck knowing that it also helps to bailout the US which in my mind is the real problem at this time??? Our government bailing out other countries, when we are so far in a hole as it stands right now ???? As far as my new truck goes I love it !!! Plenty of ass end for my work its not one of those leather seated, fake wood inlaid, weekend warrior, boat and atv trailer haulers. It's a work truck!!! and i'd recommend you all give it a test drive before you switch to the other big boasting truck companies... Also don't just assume the 2500hd is all that much cheaper then the 3500hd... My 2013 3500hd was only $200 more then the identical 2500hd..

Sorry about the rant just my .02

Agreed. Good rant. Just like those on welfare who have enough money for smokes and booze and other niceties our government continues to spend/waste our tax dollar with no conscience. You are correct is stating that is the main problem. It all starts at the top and filters down.
    How many welfare recipients do you see the whole family having a cell phone? licensed apparel? expensive shoes/sneakers? Drive an escalade with 20's?
    Yup spending money they apparently could be using for more responsible items. Government taught them the ways and means.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Yes Coach, I don't believe it's what our elders meant when they said charity begins at home !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Agreed. Good rant. Just like those on welfare who have enough money for smokes and booze and other niceties our government continues to spend/waste our tax dollar with no conscience. You are correct is stating that is the main problem. It all starts at the top and filters down.
    How many welfare recipients do you see the whole family having a cell phone? licensed apparel? expensive shoes/sneakers? Drive an escalade with 20's?
    Yup spending money they apparently could be using for more responsible items. Government taught them the ways and means.
    I agree to a point, but who owns a land line anymore? 10% of 3 million people in US?

Not that I'm speeking for coach but I think he's saying most of the families have thier own cell phones..

Correction, Most of the family members !!! I figured I'd better clarify that...

Quote Originally Posted by boos sierra 2500hd View Post
    I hate it when people call the LOAN that GM got a bailout?? or handout?? I am also a small business owner and haven't gotten a LOAN to keep my business going.. I have gotten 2 loans for 2 new GM trucks that I need to run my business... What's the big Dif ?? GM still needs to pay back the government to which I believe they have in stocks ?? I rarely hear anyone comment on the 2 times Chrysler was bailed out ?? Or loan ?? which ever it was ?? I don't mind buying and driving my 2013 3500HD work truck knowing that it also helps to bailout the US which in my mind is the real problem at this time??? Our government bailing out other countries, when we are so far in a hole as it stands right now ???? As far as my new truck goes I love it !!! Plenty of ass end for my work its not one of those leather seated, fake wood inlaid, weekend warrior, boat and atv trailer haulers. It's a work truck!!! and i'd recommend you all give it a test drive before you switch to the other big boasting truck companies... Also don't just assume the 2500hd is all that much cheaper then the 3500hd... My 2013 3500hd was only $200 more then the identical 2500hd..

Sorry about the rant just my .02
    Nice.....

My only grip is that they need to stop letting women design the body panels.... what is with the wimpy exterior.... I would never buy a Ford, but they are aggressive and actually look like trucks.

If I were to buy a new silverado any time soon, I would have to take it to a shop have them remove the stock ugly panels and design some of my own and heave them welded back in place, sanded, painted and clear coated.

I agree I like the sidewalls of the ford-dodge-toyota better although they all look about the same?? The front of the ford looks like they chromed over a cows snout and put a big blue clown nose on it ?? The work truck looks even worse with the all black plastic cheap as ass tonka truck look?? Everybody is entitled to there opinions and likes and dislikes.. If we all liked the same thing this world would be pretty blah and boring!!! I've never been one to worry how pretty my truck was or how manly it should look its there to pull a 14k trailer, push snow and haul my ass and tools around to the jobsite !!!

I saw this same exact rig in Pine, AZ last Friday.

But it WAS a bailout... that’s what everyone called it...lol
    GM got choked out by greedy unions. they couldn’t developed anything new, causethe money from a ridiculously overpriced vehicle, kept going to their worker's families'dental plans and stuff.
    remember when they had to drop the electric car?
    they backed themselves into a corner, so it was either declare bankruptcy, theunions get nothing, and all of Detroit riots.... OR, everyone votes for a HawaiianMuslim, he gives you a bailout, and you distribute that to the unions so thedoors stay open and NOTHING CHANGES.
    That’s why so much of every vehicle is made by machine, or over seas... toavoid high union labor charges. %70 of vehicles GM now makes (as a global corporation)are made in china today...

If you’re getting a business loan to buy a new Chevy truck to work from, thenawesome! im happy your getting one.I
    ’m just saying that’s the only way you can get one now... cause they’re50 to $70,000... MORE after intrest... so young people like me (who ust' to be the key marketing demographic for 50 years) will never get one today =(

Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast