GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

would like a sticker to promote the club. larry currie 32641 pierce road garden city mi 48135 thanks

Jr. Apprentice

Im less interested in the looks as i am in the new engines
    Im on the fence about a new 2012 with 0% financing as the value will probably plummet once these 14's hit the street.
    It is also interesting to see what appears to be a crew cab with what looks like a 6'6"bed.
    500lbs as the weight decrease isn't much really when you consider the overall weight so the likley fuel savings claims(hopefully better than fords ecoboost as the 5.0L gets better real world milage) are in the new powerplant options. Also hoping the AFM dies a horrible death between 13and 14 :D

Side note, are there any known lifter issues in the 1012 5.3 AFM's?

On to the "bailout" Chrysler did too, and ironically have new partial owners, the UAW....
    Ford didn't get a "bailout/loan" in the media's eyes, they did however take out an enormous LOC pre economic crash, likley from a bank who too received a "bailout".

Still awaiting better pics, videos and specs

Cheers
    2010 Silverado LT 4x4 5.3L Ext Cab

I can't wait to see what they look like, but I can't really justify buying one right now. I have a truck already that runs great, even at 110k miles and it will be paid off in a year. Officially 12 payments left! pretty stoked about that. Next on the list for me is a 35th anniversary ss camaro. Then I will think about a new truck.

2004 Silverado
    4.8L
    K&N Air Filter
    Single in, Dual out Flowmaster look alike, Turned down at muffler
    dropped 2" front 4" back
    Custom painted bow ties (blue front and black back)
    20" Eagle Alloy Series 026 rims
    285/50-20 Good Year Eagle GT II tires
    Limo Tint all around
    Duraliner bed liner

Did they make many changes since they posted this earlier in the year?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

My 2011 3500HD (6.0 gas) is around 12800 miles and thus far it's been good. I don't see any thing on the 2014 that would interest me. Some of those tow specs are a bit trouble some. 10,000 with a 1/2 ton? That'll work 6 or 7 times before parts and repair become a constant. I am acquainted with one guy who towed his 8500lb trailer twice with his 2012 1/2 ton before heading back to the dealer for a 2500HD. I generally tow 7000 while carrying an other 2000 on the flatbed. That much weight makes itself known on every hill. If GM would get me more displacement or forced induction, I'd like my '11 even more. The biggest scary thing I read was being saddled with the fuel management thing on the 5.3 motor. Hasn't that caused enough trouble yet?

As far as I can tell from reading, the 2014 truck will be nothing more than a close miss as is the one I have now.

I dunno about the looks, but I'd be happy to long - term test one for them, for a price!!!LOL!!
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

NOT SURE! Go to the GM web site for full pictures.

I do not like the front end whereby the head light assembly is again split in half with the 2x4 going across the entire grill. i think it is about time that this styling queue has got to go. It lookes more like the previous design. Every generation of Honda and Toyota's do not carry over a styling queue and they still seem to sell millions of vehicles, why does Chevrolet truck and cars have to have to god awful bar across the front grill. It was the same with Pontiac and year after year and new gens, the front end always looked the same. My 2012 Silverado with all the chrome it is one of the best looking trucks around and many have told me, but now Chevy is going back to the old style.

I noticed the door sills for 2014 model are now in plan view and a forward hinged rear doors on the extended cab again is a through back. To get this door large enough,the front door had to be shorten up, plus it just doesn't looked balanced. Similar to the Ram. Too many handles but a good point is Chevy will have the the 6.5 foot bed for the crew cab.

A big plus is the interior. The dash has all of the gauges across the top for easy reading. Currently you need to look all over the dash to find them. The trailer brake control in up on high on the dash and one thing that I do not like on my 2012 truck is the interior door handle. It is low and hard to find with someone in the passenger side if they never been in one before. The 2014 has it up on tip like most cars. Another big improvement is the temp controls. Currently you have to look, find and feel the push buttons for temp which means you have to take your eyes off the road. The 2014 has them back on knobs with the temp reading in the knob. Very nice, all you need to do is reach and turn.

There a lot of things I like about the new trucks but somethings that I don't. I don't like the electronic steering. I like the older way. Much more reliable. Other than that, everything else looks decent so far but I need to see more.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, forgot to add, the reason why I am looking at a 2013 is because of the electronic steering. Hate it!

looks alot different than the above video:

The front end looks like a throw back to the Silverado's and GMC's from the 70's (Which I personally don't like) and is a huge step backwards...... I don't know how Ford and Dodge are able to make front ends that are functional, and actually look good.

I like the instrument cluster, but that nav/stereo/ middle console in the dash looks like something I would expect from fisher price for toddlers to play with more than it looks like something an adult would use.

Other than that, I like the "real" full crew cab and 6.6ft bed options on a 1/2 truck....

As a comparison.... (on body style):

A random pic of a 1980's silverado (I would wait to see what the next gen body style looks like before settling on a body style like this):

The 2014 silverado:

I see some differences.... but that is not a "new" design.

I would buy this:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by