GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Upgrade suggestions ~ 2012 Silverado

I've got a 2012 silverado with the 5.3 and want to get any input y'all may have on intakes and exhaust. The intake is pretty simple but I would like to hear from anyone that has used any of the major brands before I buy one just to be sure I don't get the one that no one else has liked. For exhaust, I have been looking online for a true dual, side exit before the rear wheels and have not found one. Gibson has their single side exit but I am firm on true dual so I was wondering if anyone knew of any off the top o their head or if I am going to just have to get some high flow cats and mufflers and have a shop do one custom. I will be calling everyone I looked at today just to be sure. I looked at Gibson flowmaster mbrp heartthrob magnaflow and borla.

Love my Magnaflow. The sound isn't too harsh. Running a dual-in, dual-out to level the airflow (no crossover pipe is necessary), felt an instant performance boost over the crappy glasspacks that were in their from the previous owner.

Hands down, though the most performance boost I received was from a custom tune. Exhaust was a nice aesthetic touch, but the tune really unlocked the power of the truck.
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)