GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Does any state charge a milage tax???

I was hardly paying attention to some of the news the other night when I heard (I believe in NY) that someone in govt. is trying to introduce a tax based on the milage driven per vehicle. I know there is a fuel tax based on milage for some commercial vehicles but can this be done to passenger vehicles? To me its almost as if your being double taxed because of the taxes on the fuel itself. Sounds like just another money grab by NY to try and suck more money out of society and into govt.

Are there any states charging for this when you re-register every year or get vehicle inspected? Its bad enough NY is hooked up to your vehicle now on 96 and up checking that your monitors are ready and sensors are good (No Check engine light on).

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Blog Entries

Wow. So when are they going to hook a sensor up to our throats and charge us taxes on each breath we take and charge out the wazoo for those of us who smoke?
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT 4.3
    1984 C20 'burban 454
    1963 C10 283
    One lead foot
    Two hands that turn a steering wheel very quickly and very well.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf'burban View Post
    Wow. So when are they going to hook a sensor up to our throats and charge us taxes on each breath we take and charge out the wazoo for those of us who smoke?
    NY already charges out the wazoo for smokers. Not sure how much in other states but right now a pack of cigarettes is from $9-$10. If you buy indian cigarettes on the reservation you can get them for around $3.50 a pack. I dont smoke but I wouldnt be able to afford my truck if I did.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper