GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

One of the things I like about this forum is that it is NOT just about trucks but it does have that community feel towards it. The forums that I generally stick around with are that way. I'm on a few Camaro forums that are great for technical information but there's no community aspect, and since I no longer have a 3rd or 4th gen Camaro (and never got into the first gens), I don't frequent those nearly as much. But this site, a Monte Carlo site I'm on, an GP site I'm on, and the 2nd gen Camaro site that I'm on are all more of a community and so I stick around those, even though I no longer have a Monte Carlo or a FWD Grand Prix. Most of the active members have varying levels of mechanical experience. The vast majority of my mechanical experience actually isn't very applicable here (SFI, forced induction V6s, namely the 3800 Series V6s). And even then, I'm no help on transmissions, rear ends, suspensions, etc. So if I see a thread that I can't add any GOOD input to, I simply do not post. A lot of the members that I've noticed are more active are learning themselves and don't have a lot of answers. There's nothing wrong with that. I was there when I first started learning how to work on engines.

Also, a great point was made about vacations. A lot of people are on vacation this time of year and won't be around. I'm actually on my Annual Training with my Reserve unit and so I haven't been on every day. I get on when I can but not near the frequency that I do when I'm at home and have regular internet.

While I don't play all the games, I've gotten to know some of the members through some of the games that I probably would not have gotten to know otherwise. My truck is on hold till the Camaro is painted, so I won't have any project posts for quite a while unless I catch a deal on the motor that's going into it. So these games are a good way for me to stay involved with the site, even when I don't have anything to contribute from a technical standpoint.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

I'm not going to be baited into taking sides; but, some of us joined for the information that will keep our GM trucks operating as they did from the factory.
    To be able to do the yearly maintenance, to repair the small (even large) things that break, to maintain that showroom shine, we may not be interested in modding anything on the truck. Some of us like to have our trucks looking and operating like new.

Some of us have joined to be able to pass skills, knowledge and experience along to those asking for assistance. some of us need to feel wanted, hehe.

I'm not a big fan of the games, but fun can be a great ice-breaker. Getting to know some of the members on a 1:1 is great why to spend a couple of hours.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I don't come on much any more, mainly because my best friend got banned off of here. Not only that but it's the same questions asked over and over, I absolutely love this site but all the long standing members have mostly moved on. It has changed a lot in the last 3 years, and not in a good way. I signed on just to reply to this thread actually, It takes a big set to post something like this and I respect that. Have a great day ya'll!!!

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40