GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default the two buttons that move the seat?

the two buttons that move the seat i pressed it and it moved it to a different spot? so is to remember 2 different seat configurations or what? Thanks!
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

Yeah, for two different drivers. Position one is assigned to one of the key fobs, position 2 is assigned to a 2nd key fob.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Yeah, for two different drivers. Position one is assigned to one of the key fobs, position 2 is assigned to a 2nd key fob.
    Key fob?lol help me some more please!

By key fob he is referring to the module you use to lock/unlock your truck. On your driver door next to the door handle you should see 3 buttons. The one on the top is labeled "1" and the one on the bottom is labeled "2", these buttons resemble the memory seats.
    Last edited by TexasTechRaider; 07-16-2012 at 11:08 PM.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    Key fob?lol help me some more please!
    OK, GM provides a feature called driver memory recall (or something like that), there are 2 memory positions (to accommodate 2 different drivers (let's say your 6'1" and your wife is 5'2")).
    You, as driver #1 (with key FOB #1), set the seat and the mirrors (some vehicles include the radio, the pedals and the steering wheel) to a position that is good for you, then you lock these positions into memory #1. Your "little" woman, with key FOB #2, does the same thing.

Now, when you push the unlock on key fob #1, the seats etc, go to the memory position for you; key fob #2 will do the same for your wife.

ok yea that would be sweet, so i set the mirrors and the seats and press the button? and i didnt know i could adjust the pedals??? Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    and i didnt know i could adjust the pedals???
    Only on some trucks, you need to have had the option installed.

OMG LOLdont make fun but i notice that there is a button that u hit and it moves the seat so the kids can get out lol, now how do i lock in the seat memory? then i guess i dont have the pedal think.... i dont c any buttons 4 the pedals??? o well im still loving it lol