GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Lift/tire questions

I have a 2-3" rough country lift on my 92 Chevy k1500 and right now I'm running 265/75/16 tires which look alright. But they're just not big enough, rough country recommends a 285/75/16 tire but I know people run those with just a tbar crank and 1" block, there's got to be a bigger option, I was wondering if anybody knows the biggest possible tire that will fit with this lift, I am willing to take off the front valence for clearance, if anyone has some input it would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be even better, thanks!

33 for sure which is the 285/75 or a 305/70 but maybe 35s could fit taking the black valance off. Probably won't be anything bigger than 35s.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    33 for sure which is the 285/75 or a 305/70 but maybe 35s could fit taking the black valance off. Probably won't be anything bigger than 35s.
    I have heard this as well. we basically have 33s on the truck allredy, its just cheaper to call them 285/75/R16 instead of a 33" all-terrain... by a lot actually.

also! beware of how you lift. I have been looking at a lot of forums and a lot of people have complained that their turning radius, among other things, suffered with a lift.
    If you want to go for that really meaty look... you may just want to get some 15x9 wheels for a better mettal to rubber ratio.... but for driveability, handeling, gas millage, and the safety of having a full size spare. stick close to the present size.

also, with 15x9 rims you can drop your tire pressure to almost 4 psi without popping a bead... which has saved me from getting un-suck a LOT helps in deep snow too, cause the tire footprint gets HUGE
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Thanks man haha I'm definitely not all about the comfort or steering radius I just want the look, it already rides like crap with that lift, I know the 285/75's are 33's and I'm happy with 33" tall tires they fill out the wheel well's good but I wanna go as wide as I possibly can

305 is the widest 33" I think

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011: