GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked!

Man that sure sucks, but atleast you were able to walk away. Thank the Lord.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Glad your ok Pikey, and on the subject of crashes my auto insurance just added another $12 to my monthly bill to cover the stupid drivers around here
    2012 4.8 LS

Blog Entries

That blows! Good to see you're still able to post a thread about it though.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey! So sorry to hear about your truck.. I am glad that you are okay, and just a little sore.. If you were in something smaller, it would have been much more serious.. Keep us posted on the repairs and stuff.. A nice soak in a hot tub, will help you out!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

I went to the tow yard today to retrieve my personal items from my truck. It was kind of freaky looking at the truck today. Apparently it was a pretty bad wreck. The entire front end is shifted about 4 inches toward the passenger side. The manager of the body shop is pretty sure that the insurance company will consider it a total loss. We spent the day looking at used yukon xl's.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I went to the tow yard today to retrieve my personal items from my truck. It was kind of freaky looking at the truck today. Apparently it was a pretty bad wreck. The entire front end is shifted about 4 inches toward the passenger side. The manager of the body shop is pretty sure that the insurance company will consider it a total loss. We spent the day looking at used yukon xl's.
    At least you're already preparing! Best of luck

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Glad to hear your all right.

In Oregon they invented .. or recently started using a flashing yellow left turn arrow. This has caused accidents from both directions thinking (or not thinking LOL) that they have the right of way.

Just curious if they have these evil devices in Michigan and if so was it a factor in your accident?
    0311 1st MarDiv 1983-87. Semper Fi !

Some places do have the blinking yellow. We usually have a blinking red for left turns. There was no light at this intersection. I was heading east on a wide sweeping curve. she was in the center turn lane of the curve facing west. She motioned for a car to turn ahead of her. he motioned back to her to go ahead. She went without looking and turned right into my front end. I did not have time to take my foot off the gas.

Blog Entries

Man that is a tough break, I've been there before and feel your pain. Glad to hear you are ok. I guess it is time to start planning the new rig, even though it is hard to say good by to good ones.

well, I only had it 10 months. The hardest part was getting the insurance company to give me what it was worth. I have a replacement in the works. a 2005 yukon xl. with 20k less miles. I hope to have it monday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast