GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips

I've only had my Magnaflow SS exhaust tips on my truck for 2.5 months BUT already they've turned to a goldish colour. I enquired about this and I was told that because of the extreme heat that this truck generates this is normal and there isn't anything that I can do about it. I've tried using metal polish on them but can't get rid of that goldish colour.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or is there anything that can be done to bring back that nice stainless steel colour and keep it.
    Richard (Winnipeg, MB Canada) - 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4x2 (Carbon Black Metallic) -Z71 - 5.3 L V8 - 3.42's
    Leer 100R truck cap; Chrome clad aluminum wheels (18"); custom cat-back dual side exits (4" diameter Magnaflow SS tips) exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler (18"); Cloud Rider stainless steel grill overlay

I know on chrome pipes on Harleys they recommend you "burn the pipes in" by riding the bike a few miles then allowing the pipes to cool, after cooling you ride a few more miles, you have to repeat thsi cycle a few times then after the pipes cool the final time use a chrome polish.
    At my local Harley dealer they have a chrome polish that is supposed to restore the chrome luster to pipes not properly burnt in.

Check Adams Polish's, they run specials on here and might have a product that'll help.