GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default touch up paint job?

I was wondering what one would have wrapped up in a paint job? Im not talking a complete re do but if i take it in and have them just respray the red on it? its not reall bad but i want it to look better lol, just scratches here and there. just re do the top coat or whatever? i hear that make gives good deals?

thanks guy
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

Cost is going to depend on where you take it. At the very least they will have to sand the entire truck down. Not necessarily to the base coat but some sanding work is going to be involved. Some shops will want to take it down to the base coat. Once they apply the color they will put the clear on. Then they have to cut, buff and polish it. You can expect to pay $400 and up to redo the entire truck.

You may want to see if you can buff some of the scratches out if they aren't down to the color. You may get away with a detail job rather than a paint job.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I would do like stoner said and take it to a good detailer first. If the scratches aren't deep many of them can be removed or greatly reduced so they aren't as noticeable. Any paint that is put on a car will "stick" as well as a factory paint job so I would do all that you can to keep the factory job if at all possible.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Take it to a body shop, not a detailer, and have them go over it with 3M Perfect-It compound to smooth the finish and then with Finishing Glaze. Detailers can do this but there is wide variability in the end result from shop to shop. Body shops definitely know how to do this, if you can find one that is not primarily insurance claims driven. Maybe if you get quotes from body shops and detailers, you can decide if money is a problem for you.

Stay out of Maaco. Please. There are more small claims law suits against Maaco than probably all other body shops combined. There is a reason why they are inexpensive.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling