GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Hi from Hattisburg Ms

Hello out there, I am new to this club and I am happy to be here. I am driving a wonderful Chevy Impala that has been a great car but I kinda want to get myself a truck. I see lots of ladies here in the South driving trucks. But which should I look at GMC Sierra is one of my favorites. I see them oftn out on the road...I will have to get myself a preowned one, due to I am not a rich woman....anyway hello again.

Hello and welcome! You'll love the truck, the Sierra and Silverado don't have a huge difference between them mainly just the body style.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Welcome Aboard!

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Welcome!

If you plan to do some aftermarket modifications then I'd steer you to a Silverado as opposed to a Sierra. There are OEM cosmetic differences as well as aftermarket part differences that pose challenges for modders, as some manufacturers presume that there's 1:1 parity between the units under the skin when, in fact, there are minor differences.

I ran into this picking up aftermarket tails for my truck; the manufacturer assumed that what would fit the Silverado would also fit the Sierra and listed as a part for both. In actuality, it didn't fit, as the Sierra tails for my year have only three bulb sockets whereas the Silverado for my year has four.

Since the Silverado is the more dominent machine in terms of units sold, it's what aftermarket manufacturers build for first and foremost, so it's a better bet unless you're an experienced modder or are willing to work through anomalies like the one I ran into.

Welcome to the club!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Welcome to the club, It's good to have you with us. I am your neighbor. I live in Lucedale and my girlfriend is in Hattiesburg so I am up there all the time.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas