GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    thanks guys im taking it back in, if the canaster is un hooked would the selonoid still be hooked up??

noodles where did u get the relocation kit?

patman is cleaning the vent noid part easy? no special tools or funky stuff? just pull it off and clean up and reinstall?

thanks so much guys! maybe i can just do this at home!
    I ordered the kit from Amazon. Took me a while to find a good price, but got it for around $75. You will also need to purchase a short piece of radiator hose (can't remember the size for sure) that is not included in the kit.

I tried cleaning mine out before replacing. There is a small bucket looking part off the gas can (#3 in Patman's pic). It just slides off, then you can open it up and try to clean it out. Mine was too far clogged. Also, the hose (#4 in the above pic) had to be cut off because it was stuck on so tightly. But as soon as I cut the hose off, WOOOSH! It was like the tank had been holding it's breath forever and finally could breathe. Went and filled it u
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    I ordered the kit from Amazon. Took me a while to find a good price, but got it for around $75. You will also need to purchase a short piece of radiator hose (can't remember the size for sure) that is not included in the kit.

I tried cleaning mine out before replacing. There is a small bucket looking part off the gas can (#3 in Patman's pic). It just slides off, then you can open it up and try to clean it out. Mine was too far clogged. Also, the hose (#4 in the above pic) had to be cut off because it was stuck on so tightly. But as soon as I cut the hose off, WOOOSH! It was like the tank had been holding it's breath forever and finally could breathe. Went and filled it u
    FrigginNoodles,u have a pic of the kit on the truck? then u guys remember if u had gas spill all over when u took the parts off the truck? are there any gaskets or any sealer needed?
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by nabisco_12 View Post
    FrigginNoodles,u have a pic of the kit on the truck? then u guys remember if u had gas spill all over when u took the parts off the truck? are there any gaskets or any sealer needed?
    I'll try to get a shot of it for you. No need to worry about gas spilling, the parts only carry air/fumes. No real gaskets or sealers needed either. Makes for an easy swap. I would try to remove the hose going to your current "bucket" and try pumping gas to see if it helps before spending the money on the kit.

This first pic is a looking up underneath by the rear of the gas tank. The hose coming off of the left of the bucket is the hose that did not come with the kit that connects the filter to the bucket (both filter and bucket were one piece stock). Also, you may want to put on some hose clamps around the fittings, I used zip ties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0517.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	44543

Name:	IMAG0518.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	44544
    This last pic you can see where I put the filter part, coming off the left of the bucket.

Name:	IMAG0522.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	44545
    Hope these help. Let me know if you need more info.
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 10-10-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added pics

im confused on what the kit does lol? cant i just bypss all this crap and hook the 2 hoses together lol

Legend

what you need to start this repair is a new vapor canister. see if you can get one from a scrap yard if you lack the funds for a new one.

I noticed I have that problem when the pump nozzle is long but not at all when they are short. Also if the gas comes out of the pump super fast, the splash going in the pipe hit the full switch on the pump handle and causes it to stop.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

ok its been a while but i had completely bypassed the canister and sensor and...... slight success! its still a bitch if it is low with the gas light on but at shell i can pull out ( lol ) and get it on the first notch hhhhhhhuuuuurrrrrraaaaayyyyyy ish lol now it still drain slow and wondering if there is another problem and all i did was rule out my canister and sensor?

Legend

replace the canister. also any lines with debris. hook up as OEM built.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123