GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Has anyone seen this supercharger kit??.. Thoughts on Value, Quality, Truth in HP??

Saw this as a topic of discusion.. http://www.superchargertuning.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/

Voltage Stabilizer for noise to the spark plugs?? Is this really up to a 10hp gain?
    Fuel management chip for sensor near airbox(mafs) im assuming? up to 10% hp/tq gain?

I guess the magic word is UP TO..

Kind of funny on how it says on the home page works up to 5.0liter engines but are discussing the 6.0 liter under chevy silverado.
    Last edited by the phantom; 07-21-2012 at 10:22 AM.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

"K&N Style Filter - 4 inch opening with turbine fan. Fan moves when air flow starts."

I like the wording they use "K&N Style Air filter", what K&N is the only ones that use a conical filter. At least K&N doesnt try to put a whirly gig inside their filter and charge you more $$.

You'd probably get better results and save money by taking the heating element out of your wifes hair drier and plumbing that in as a force induction fan.

Voltage Stabilizer Module / Grounding Cables - This device improves vehicles performance by filtering noise and improving electrica delivery to your vehicles spark plugs and accessories. Gains of up to 10HP have been dyno'd. It also includes a grounding kit which will mount in your engine bay. The grounding wires will improve vehicles alternator to chassis grounding, resulting is less noise and better power delivery to the rest of the vehicle.

First I heard there was a voltage stabilization issue with the GM engines, their using a variable switch to break down the signal coming from the MAF sensor, probably leaning out the fuel mix which yea will save "some" fuel, but not noticeable gains that'll justify the power loss and other issues.
    For less than $20 in connectors and wire you can add your own ground straps.

Fuel Management Chip - Stage 1 - Up to 10% HP/TQ - Designed to optimize gas flow to your engine increasing performance. Installs on a specific sensor near your air box. Includes full instructions. This product will help increase horsepower by optimizing fuel/air mixtures.

fuel management chip? be interesting to see what it's specs are, unfortunately they dont post that info.

Snake oil, cures whatevers broke except your broke wallet.

This is what a supercharger looks like.http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...gers/gm-truck/
    What you have linked looks like a Tornado taken to the next step. Something that someone walks into an auto parts store lookng to spend some money for little to no gains. I agree with tbplus this is just another flavor of snake oil.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I agree this shouldnt be called a supercharger kit. It should be called something like a airforce induction kit or something. Just curious if anyone has tried something like this. Although I dont see myself purchasing one unless I got positive, trustworthy reviews of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    This is what a supercharger looks like.http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...gers/gm-truck/
    What you have linked looks like a Tornado taken to the next step. Something that someone walks into an auto parts store lookng to spend some money for little to no gains. I agree with tbplus this is just another flavor of snake oil.
    Not that kit specifically, but I have been thinking of doing a super charger on my truck for awhile.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."