GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Need help

Default Need help

I have a 2010 Chevy Impala LT 3.5L V6. I am It is currently stock but I am adding a Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust system.

I am wanting to add horsepower but not pay out a lot of money. I have heard a lot about performance chips, re-programming thew computer, cold air intakes, and headers. Which ones really help get some significant horsepower but that won't cost a fortune? Also ones that will not wreck the rest of the computer or cause mechanical issues.

Thank you. I appreciate any help you can give!

Well it depends how deep in your pockets you're willing to go.. CAI (Cold Air Intake) adds horsepower but really only noticeable if you are at WOT (Wide Open Throttle), and a chip would work in your situation but them comes the issue how much do you want to spend. As far as anything messing up your vehicles computer, as long as you buy something from the big brand guys you should be fine.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I hate to break it to you but Horse power cost money. I’m not being mean. It is just the truth. When I added mods my old car I went, air intake, exhaust, chip, headers, engine mounts, throttle body spacer, intake manifold gasket. Also remember the main rule, you get what you pay for.

Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

IMHO, the absolute simplest and biggest bang for the least buck is a handheld programmer and a custom tune to go with it. You need both to get the most out of the programmer.