GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New rims

Default New rims

I am looking to get a new set of rims for my 2005 silverado 1500. it has chrome wheels on it now and im not a big fan of them, too much polishing and not good in the winter as far as keeping them from rusting.. I was wondering what kind of wheels I would need to get that are aluminum that are clear coated so they can just be washed with a spunge and dont take all the polishing to clean like the chrome wheels do.. I have also been looking at factory wheels to get but the come in different finishes just want to make sure I get the right ones.. low maintanance easy to clean and not have to worry about rust or polishing them.. thanks..

bump.. where at and what are a good affordable after market set of rims to buy for a 2005 chevy silverado.. any suggestions much appreciated..

Master Mechanic

Check out Tire Rack and 4Wheelparts.com. You can also check out Craigslist and eBay as I know people have gotten some good deals on OEM rims from those places.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Check out Tire Rack and 4Wheelparts.com. You can also check out Craigslist and eBay as I know people have gotten some good deals on OEM rims from those places.
    Thanks for the info. I haven't bought a set of rims for a vehicle in 20 yrs so I'm out of date on what to get and where to get rims at. My truck is a 2 wheel drive and honestly I would be satisfied with factory alloy wheels..just don't like the Chrome wheels that came on my truck I bought from a private party..thanks again..

We upgraded our '97 Silverado with 2012 Silverado wheels. Gave the ol' truck a great appearance. Got the low mile take-offs on ebay for $600 and you can get ones with tires between $1250-1450.

2011 Camaro SS/RS
    1997 Silverado X-cab 4x4

Just buy some cheap OEM rims or black steelies for the winter and keep chrome for summer IMO
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I have a 2007 Silverado POS that had the "chrome" covers and looked extremely chintzy. I put on a used set from a Cadillac which were aluminum and helped the unsprung weight and were wider, although only 17 inch. When I wore out the new Michelins that i put on them, I got a great deal on some turbine aluminum 18 inchers which I put new 285 khumo's on. Watch Craigslist, I only paid $350 with good tires. Money talks in this economy.