GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Onstar Remote Start

Hello everyone, my truck doesnt have remote start and I just learned how to use the Onstar app. Is there anyway to get remote start (maybe by dealer) and have it available on the onstar app?

I'm sure you can add it, but it won't be cheap. Maybe someone else will know the price. The app is great though, I use it all the time on my 2012 Tahoe.

You"ll need to buy a key fob that has the start button on it and you can get the truck programmed by the dealer.
    You might not even need the key fob.
    GM parts on here usually has a good deal on remote fobs.

I'm pretty sure your GM vehicle has to be 2011 or newer for the on star app to work. If you can get it on your truck, you will love it. I use mine on my iPhone all the time

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

My truck is a 2011 and the app works but I just want the remote start also. My cousin has the app with his impala and uses it to start his car but my truck only has the; lock door, unlock door, horn and lights, stop horn and lights...

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post
    I'm pretty sure your GM vehicle has to be 2011 or newer for the on star app to work. If you can get it on your truck, you will love it. I use mine on my iPhone all the time
    The App works on select other model years too depending on how their equiped, I have it loaded on our phones for my wifes 08 HHR.

Good to know, so much for what the dealer told me

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    The App works on select other model years too depending on how their equiped, I have it loaded on our phones for my wifes 08 HHR.

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post
    Good to know, so much for what the dealer told me
    It's been a while since I loaded it on our phones but somewhere during the setup it lists different model vehicles it'll work on.
    Also even if you dont have remote start on the vehicle theres other features on the app you can access.

I am just waiting for some crazy hacker to break the onstar app........ If and when I get my new tuck.... the onstar module will be removed from the truck. Imagine the power that would give somone.... they could start all the vehicles, set their alarms off all at once, get your vin numbers, etc. It would actually be kind of funny. Go into a parking deck and all the GM vehicles alarms are going off at once..... lol

I tore out the OnStar module not too long after they changed their privacy policy. I didn't like the idea of OnStar tracking my vehicle and logging data about it even if I wasn't paying them to do so; that's just a bit too 'big brother' for my taste...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast