GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Blacked Out Chevy Emblems & Badges

So I'm contemplating blacking out my all of the chevy emblems on my silverado. I've seen it done on white trucks, and looks very sharp. I'm wondering how it would look on a black truck.

I've already ordered the black chevy bowties. My plan was to just remove all of the remaining chevy badges, but when I saw the painted ones on a white truck, it got me thinking...

I believe there is a member on the board who did this to his truck. Below are the images of what I found on another site.

What do y'all think?!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.JPG 
Views:	1086 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	42140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3.JPG 
Views:	981 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	42141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p7.JPG 
Views:	1075 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	42142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p9.JPG 
Views:	1117 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	42143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p10.JPG 
Views:	978 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	42144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p11.JPG 
Views:	1465 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	42145
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

I don't know how it will look on a black truck. Have you considered another color, or using Hydro Dip, or some kind of different pattern like a mossy oak?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Well you can go through my albums and look at mine accept the Silverado is still chromed and mine are from Chevy. I agree with @als09Sierra I would think about using Hydro Dip. Below I will leave a link to a thread on this forum from Gorilla Hydro Dip and you can even get a discount. Best of luck!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz21POKE0kr
    Last edited by TexasTechRaider; 07-22-2012 at 09:36 PM.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

All, thanks for the ideas! I checked out the links, maybe a carbon fiber hydro-dip would like pretty sick. I'll give it some thought!

I think that would look really good on your truck man. Hydro dipping would look great as well, thinking that I might go with carbon fiber dash accents to replace the wood grain on mine in the future. If you want an idea of how it will look, google a Silverado or Sierra 'Regency badlander' edition. The interiors are SICK!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    I think that would look really good on your truck man. Hydro dipping would look great as well, thinking that I might go with carbon fiber dash accents to replace the wood grain on mine in the future. If you want an idea of how it will look, google a Silverado or Sierra 'Regency badlander' edition. The interiors are SICK!
    Wow, that is pretty sick!... yeah, I'm going to have to think about it some. The carbon fiber hydro-dip would probably look pretty sick, but I kinda wanted to go for the all blacked out look.

I think if I painted them flat black, it would give them a nice balance to blend in with the rest of the truck, but also contrast with the black gloss paint if you're really looking for them.

I suppose my next question is, would it be easier to tape/paint the current decals in place OR remove the current ones and buy new decals/paint then install?

such as these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-Ch...sories&vxp=mtr

Unless you're 100% sure that you can do it right the 1st time I would buy spare badges and work on those.

This amy sound kinda dumb to some people but I will ask anyways. If you remove the decal whether it be the Silverado or Sierra how do you get the right spacing and location when you go to replace it? I thought about doing something to my Sierra badge but couldn't come up a solid way of putting them back in the same location. I thought about using tape to mark the location with a box around it but I didn't think that gave a good enough placement. Thought about drawing an outline of the letters in like a grease pen or something easy to remove. But easy to remove also means easy to remove before the job is complete.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18